Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 9th, 2001, 11:29 PM
Art W.

Default CARNIVAL Spirit: Alaska Cruise Vancouver to Anchor

I like to hear some input from people that has taken this Alaskan cruise on the Spirit from Vancouver to Anchorage. I'm planning a trip in the middle of June 2002 and would like to see if someone that has taken this trip would like to share some experiences with me. I would like to hear about some of the stops on the way, and also how it was on this new ship. Also would like to hear the good things and bad things about this cruise. Is the middle of June a good time to go as far as avoiding the rain, or which month is the best month to avoid the rain? Also would you take this cruise again in the future? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Art
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2001, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: CARNIVAL Spirit: Alaska Cruise Vancouver to An

Hi Art,
You may want to read through this information about cruising in Alaska, some great ideas for things to do:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/portsofcall/alaska/alaska-excursions.cfm>

Have Fun,

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old December 10th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Art

Donna

Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate the info, I'll take a look at it and go from there, and if anyone else has more input then please let me know.

Art
Old December 14th, 2001, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Hi Art,

Whether I rains or not, you are going to LOVE ALASKA. Hubby and I were there in late September and we got miserable weather, but totally enjoyed the cruise. We were treated royally on Holland America. NICE!!! I hope you are going to Skagway because it is a beautiful LITTLE TOWN. Glacier Bay is awesome and we got to see some great ice bergs. My Mom and several friends have been to Alaska loads of time, and it seems like it is hit or miss regarding the weather. Although they all said they got rain. Remember the animals love the rain, so if it is wet you will see lots of marine life and birds out and about. We are going on the brand new Pride on 3/29. Have fun, and don't let the cold and damp keep you away. Boy Voyage and happy cruising.

Karen