Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2001, 11:58 AM
BwayBaby

Default Cabin Decorations

My best friend and I are sailing the Victory on 1/6/02. This is her graduation present from her family and I was thinking about getting our cabin decorated with Carnival's Congratulations package but wanted to know if it was worth the $32. Has anyone got cabin decorations before? Are they nice?
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2001, 05:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Cabin Decorations

We went on a cruise with my sister and her family several years ago. My sister had Carnival decorate the cabin with the "happy birthday" package because the day we got on the ship was my nephew's birthday. It was really festive looking when you opened the door! They had a streamer hung across the window, streamers hung throughout the room, a couple of balloons, and a cake. It did really look nice. Having seen it, I wouldn't hesitate to do it, so I say go ahead and have it done!!
Old December 19th, 2001, 01:12 AM
meemo

thanks for that info. we're cruising on the Inspiration in February and I was thinking of doing their anniversary package for my husband and I
Old December 19th, 2001, 07:00 AM
Roz326

We are sailing on the Imagination tomorrow. As a surprise to our adult daughters (and son-in-law), I had one cabin decorated with Bon Voyage and the other with Happy Anniversary. A co-worker and her fiance are also on the ship and she purchased one of the larger packages with champagne. I'll let you know my thoughts when we return.
Old December 19th, 2001, 03:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you! I was going to have one that said, "Congratulations" I am just having a problem purchasing it since we do not have a cabin assignment yet for our 12/30 sailing.
Old December 19th, 2001, 05:47 PM
Cyndi Wagner

I hope you have better luck than I did. I ordered birthday decorations for my mom on our Spirit sailing 11/19/01. They were not there when we boarded. I waited in line at the purser's office and was told they would be there by 2. 2 came and went with no decorations. We never did get those decorations and now I am fighting the credit card charge.

The staff didn't seem to care especially if we got the decorations or not. A shame.

There is a bon voyage representative on board, I couldn't get any help from her either.

I've heard lots of good comments, unfortunately my experience was negative. A down moment in an otherwise very enjoyable cruise.
Old December 19th, 2001, 11:42 PM
Robocop

We did it for my sons 20th birthday and he rather liked it. Lots of crape paper, bells, a cake, and ballons etc. A nice gesture. You could of course get lots more stuff and do it yourself but it is kinda neat for them to walk in and have it right there.
Jim
Old January 10th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Yeoman

We've had the cabin decorated by the ships once and it was OK. Since then I've always brought the decorations with us and decorated the cabin. We were just a group of 7 cabins for New Year's and we decorated all the door's - they looked great and a lot cheaper. Only 2 other cabins on the ship decorated their doors....everyone asked where the decorations came from.