Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2001, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Default Distance to Cruise Terminal ??

How far from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral (where I think the cruise term is)?? How much via taxi? Thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2001, 08:18 PM
Chyna_C

Default Re: Distance to Cruise Terminal ??

It is about 56 miles from Orlando to Port Canaveral. I would say an hour and a half to be safe. In Tampa, the taxis are about $3.00 to just get inside then about 35 cents a mile. If I were you, I would check into car rentals and the airport limo service as well. Happy sailing!!!
Chyna
Old December 24th, 2001, 12:08 AM
Robocop

Default Re: Distance to Cruise Terminal ??

Forget using a taxi! Like Chyna says, it is a little over 50 miles! My suggestion is either obtain a transfer from the cruise line through your TA or take on of the shuttles to the port. You may want to call about this beforehand so that you know the cost and times. SuperShuttle is one I believe.
Jim
Old December 24th, 2001, 01:06 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Jim

Am I missing something here? 56 miles? I have'nt confirmed anything yet. Should I even fly into Orlando to get to the Pride at Port Canaveral? When I book , should I be using another airport? Not familiar with that area but hope there is somewhere closer to fly into to board at Port Canaveral. Thanks
Rick
Old December 24th, 2001, 01:36 AM
First Mate

The problem is that Orlando is the closest major airport to Port Canaveral. There is scheduled air service into Melbourne, FL (about 25 miles to the south), but by the time you deal with all the transfers, you are better off flying into Orlando. I added all the numbers on the Rand McNally road atlas from the Orlando airport to Port Canaveral and it was about 45 miles. The 56 miles the other posters cited are from the Disney World area which is in the southwest part of Orlando. Orlando's airport is on the south side of the city, and the first highway you cross as you leave the airport going north is the highway you take to Port Canaveral.
Old December 24th, 2001, 08:19 AM
Chyna_C

Actually I was using the milage from MCO (Orlando Airport) to Cape Canaveral, Florida on Yahoo Maps. Just plan on a good hours ride (an probably a bit more) from the airport to the port. Rick, no matter how you get there, Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Chyna
Old December 24th, 2001, 08:31 AM
Yeoman

There is air service into Daytona Beach, FL airport too, but it is expensive to fly there and you take a little putt-putt plane. Orlando will be the cheapest airfare.
Old December 24th, 2001, 11:30 AM
Robocop

Rick, Orlando is the closest MAJOR airport. There is an airport in Daytona Beach and an even smaller one in Melborne. Both of these cities are still a considerable distance from Port Canaveral. You are better off flying into Orlando and taking a shuttle or even renting a car for that matter. The next closest airport would probably be Jacksonville but that is actually timewise about two and a half hours away!
Jim
Old December 24th, 2001, 03:41 PM
Admiral

Default All worked out :) thanks guys!

Will fly into Orlando the day before....will purchase transfers from CCL (30 pp RT)......Thanks to all who replied! You guys are great!
Rick