Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2002, 10:20 PM
Richelle

Default Getting from Pt.Canaveral to airport

Hi, I could use some suggestions. I'm booking a cruise on my own for the Pride thru icruise.com
Need advice on where to stay night before in Pt. Canaveral?
Do any hotels in Pt. Canaveral offer a shuttle to get there from Orlando airport?
Also when I get off the cruise how do I get from Pt Canaveral back to the airport?
Are there usually taxi's available? Is there a better way?
I understand it's about an hour to the airport from the port , is that correct?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2002, 12:22 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Getting from Pt.Canaveral to airport

We are sailing on her 27 Apr..we booked our own air but purchased roundtrip transfers from Carnival (30pp round trip). We are arriving in Orlando the day before......lots of motels/hotels there close to the Orlando airport who offer airport pickup and trans back to the airport next day to catch the shuttle to the port. The transfers will get us to Port Canaveral and back to the Orlando Airport after the cruise.
Old January 2nd, 2002, 12:23 AM
Admiral

Also, we purchased our air thru Southwest air......142 pp roundtrip from Norfolk Va to Orlando
Old January 2nd, 2002, 07:20 AM
Richelle

Thanks for the info Rick....I will contact Carnival...is their phone number on their web site?

Thanks again for the tip !
Old January 2nd, 2002, 02:07 PM
Admiral

yes it is...prob just 1-800-carnival.......good luck
Old January 2nd, 2002, 03:55 PM
Admiral

Hello,

We are also sailing on the PRIDE at the end of March. We booked our own air and are staying at the Howard Johnson in Orlando close to the airport. They have a FREE SHUTTLE that takes you from the airport to the hotel.The cost is only about $63 a night compared to $110 for the Airport Marriott where most of the Carnival passengers stay. In order to use the cruise line transfers what you need to do is have the shuttle drop you back off at the airport the day of the cruise.

This is what we are doing: Flying to Orlando the day before the cruise. Staying overnight at H.J. taking the shuttle back to the airport where we have bought Carnival's round trip transfers from airport to ship & ship to airport. Unfortunately, you need to give Carnival a flight # for the day the ship leaves port, inorder for them to book a space on the shuttle to the pier, and have a representative meet you at the airport and direct you to the bus. Otherwise, they will not take your reservation. My husband got onto ORBITZ and found a flight coming into Orlando from New Orleans at 11:00 a.m. the day of the trip and that is the flight number he gave them. It is a LITTLE BIT OF A HASSLE, but this is what the Carnival folks at the toll free number proposed he do. Good luck!

BTW, you can order your own transfers. The Orlando airport information center has several shuttle services they can recommend. They will pick you up from the hotel and take you to the dock for $25 p.p. round trip. However, you will have to call them once you get off the ship and wait around for them to get you. WE FIGURED IT WAS A LITTLE MORE MONEY BUT LESS OF AN INCONVIENENCE to use the ships vouchers.
Old January 3rd, 2002, 05:07 AM
Marla

I wanted convience, so I hired a Towncar to whisk us away from the Port to the Sheraton Suites Orlando. The cost was $65 for two. If you go to the Orlando Airport web page, under transportation, you will find quite a listing for transportation from that area, I called a few that had an 800 # and booked the one I wanted. They have vans, busses, towncars, etc. all different prices.
Old January 3rd, 2002, 12:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi, We are also sailing on the Pride April 27th. Here's what we are doing.... Flying to Orlando 2 days ahead of time (Our friends that are coming with us are getting married while we are in port in Key West, so we need time to get the marriage license in Orlando....), we are renting a car at the airport, staying at the Best Western Oceanfront at Cocoa Beach, taking their shuttle to the port...FREE, and turning the car in at Port Canaveral... On the way home, possibly doing Carnivals 1 way transfer, not sure yet... Check out Best Western, they have a special and it's almost half off!
Old January 3rd, 2002, 08:27 PM
sealady

Check out the Howard Johnson's... There was just some police action there!
Old January 4th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kim

We are sailing on the Carnival Pride out of Pt. Canaveral in February. Here's what we are doing. We are flying in to Orlando International a day early and renting a car from Avis to drive to Port Canaveral. Avis has a rental office at the Radisson Resort At The Port in Port Canaveral. We will drive the rental car from the airport to the Radisson and then turn it in at the rental office that night. The Radisson has a free shuttle to the ship. It also seems like a very nice place to stay. We are also staying there the day after the cruise and renting a car from Avis to get us back to the airport for the return flight home.
Old January 5th, 2002, 07:34 PM
sealady

sounds like a great plan to have a great vacation.!! I have never stayed at the Radisson but it looks lovely.. if you have time check out Ron Jons in Cocoa Beach.. it is huge and interesting!Kim wrote:
>
> We are sailing on the Carnival Pride out of Pt. Canaveral in
> February. Here's what we are doing. We are flying in to
> Orlando International a day early and renting a car from Avis
> to drive to Port Canaveral. Avis has a rental office at the
> Radisson Resort At The Port in Port Canaveral. We will drive
> the rental car from the airport to the Radisson and then turn
> it in at the rental office that night. The Radisson has a
> free shuttle to the ship. It also seems like a very nice
> place to stay. We are also staying there the day after the
> cruise and renting a car from Avis to get us back to the
> airport for the return flight home.
Old January 27th, 2002, 08:10 PM
First Mate

I took the Fantasy out of Port Canaveral in 10/01. We flew into Orlando the day prior to our cruise. I hired a private shuttle to take us from Orlando International to the Hilton Cocoa beach. The cost was 110.00 round trip for 6 of us. We paid them upon arrival and the guy was there promptly before we were called off the ship. It was perfect. The cruise line charges 30 pp round trip which would have cost us 70.00 more. The shuttle we used in Orlando was called Omni Trans. email me if you need any other info.
Have a great trip!