Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2002, 06:29 PM
John & Tammy

Default cruising January 13

We are going on the INSPIRATION on Jan. 13. We are really excited...we are celebrating our 20th. We would love to chat with anyone else going. This will be our 1st cruise. If anyone has suggestion for shore excursions let us know. We really want to snorkle at least once...which would be the best place to go? We are planning to go to Dr.'s Cove and relaxing in Jamaica. We don't want to be harrassed by the locals, so we thought that would be one of the best places to go. We can't wait. .....
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2002, 09:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: cruising January 13

Hiya! You'll find another thread for "our" cruise at http://www.cruise-forums.com/read.ph...=10206&t=10206 (just a page or two back in older messages). I've not sailed with Carnival before, but have been to the same destinations on other ships several times...several years ago. For snorkling, a "don't miss" is the Stingray City at Grand Cayman. It's unique. Since I've done Stingray City, I'll probably carry along my SCUBA gear and walk past the cruise ship dock to Parrot's Landing, rent a tank or two and blow bubbles right there (assuming I can find a dive buddy on board...I'm single). I don't normally think of Jamaica as a 'dive spot'...but several years ago I got in some very nice snorkling on a catamaran party boat there...there was lots of coral near the surface, and a fair number of smaller fishes. Climbing Dunn's River Falls is a very popular (and nice) excursion in Jamaica, too. Bring your Surf Mocs along and avoid the hassle and expense of renting them. Cozumel? All I can think about is world class diving. While spending a week at an all inclusive there many years ago, it seemed that i could fall in the water almost anywhere and find some snorkling fun. I'm counting the days 'til 1/13! See 'ya there!
Old January 6th, 2002, 10:06 AM
burtie

Default Re: cruising January 13

Only 1 more week and we will be getting on the ship. Can hardly wait. Will be 6 in our group. Haven't decided for sure what shore trips we want to take, but everyone I have talked to says the swimming with the sting rays at Grand Cayman is a must. Looks like there is a trip that is about 41/2 hours and includes a tour of the Island with a stop at the turtle farm and then on to swimming with the sting rays. Also looking at the Fiesta Party Boats in Cozumel and the Pirate Boat Cruise in Montego Bay. So many things available and so little time! We are also going to New Orleans a couple of days early so will get to see some "sights" there.
7 days and counting!!