Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2002, 12:39 AM
Yeoman

Default Inside/outside cabins

Just got a great deal on a cruise aboard the Sensation for a 7-night cruise leaving Tampa on Feb. 24, going to Grand Caymans, Cozumel, and New Orleans. This will be my second cruise, first one was on Disney just for a long weekend. I can upgrade to an outside cabin for an extra $200, is it worthwhile to do this? Does it really make much of a difference? I'm a bit tight on money right now but will take the upgrade if it is worthwhile. Any thoughts on inside vs. outside cabins for a 7-night cruise will be most appreciated!

- Linda
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Vicki C

Default Re: Inside/outside cabins

Hi,
Have been on 8 cruises, cruise # 9 coming up soon. Have always had an inside cabin and never felt closed in. We are hardly ever in our cabin, always out and about. I choose my crusies for the ports not for the ship. You can use the $200.00 on excursions instead of a upgrade. I am sure everyone will disagree with me but that is just my opinion.
Vicki
Old January 4th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Yeoman

I was on the Sensation last month and will tell you that the inside and outside rooms are not any different in size. The only difference is the window versus a wall. I'd save the money for the excursions.

The stingray city and island tour excursion is very nice, great way to see lots of stuff in the short time you are at Grand Cayman. The Fury Catamaran Sail, snorkel, and beach party excursion in Cozumel is also lots of fun.
Old January 4th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

...take the inside cabin and save your money! But, before you cover yourself in suntan lotion and put on the swimsuit to catch some sun by the pool, you might want to find out if it's raining! (Lack of an outside view caused the 'ex' great consternation on one cruise...all oiled up and nowhere to go!)
Old January 4th, 2002, 11:56 AM
Robocop

Linda, the cabins are actually the exact same size and layout, the only differance is that you can look outside and tell if it is daylight or not. <G> Now i like the outside personally because i like to look at the ocean but if money is a little tight...well $200 is a lot of money you can spend on tours and other stuff.
Jim
Old January 4th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Marnie

I'm new to this whole cruise thing, but from reading other threads, the concensus seems to be go with an inside unless you really want a balcony. If you won't use a balcony, there is little advantage of having an outside cabin. As mentioned, you can tell the weather. For $200 per person, I'd get the weather some other way. Oh and take a flashlight or nightlight. With no window, it'll be pitch black. I read that somewhere on these boards, too.
Old January 4th, 2002, 08:39 PM
Chyna_C

I was on the Sensation last month and had an outside and rarely looked out the window. Save your $$ for those shore trips and shoppng trips! Have a great time!

Chyna
Old January 5th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Admiral

I always get an outside room because my wife wants it! She can't stand the feeling of being closed up, but if it was me I'd save the money and apply it to the bar bill and go with an inside room since the time spent in the room is usually sleeping or changing clothes. That's a big savings.

Happy cruising......Thomas
Old January 5th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Deb and I did an inside room once. The room was nice. The only thing we did'nt like about it was.....no concept of time (night/day). When one of us woke up and fumbled to check the time, we were awake......regardless of time. At least with a window we could have some concept of time based on light/dark outside. Still dark...roll over and go back to sleep . But for the savings you specify...then maybe inside is the way for you to go. Either way, you will have a great time.
Semper FI
Rick
Old January 5th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Passenger

Linda - you've gotten a lot of really good advise from everyone so far. I, personally, would have to have an outside cabin. My husband and daughter spent plenty of time looking out the window...especially on Carnival where you can actually sit on a ledge, kind of like a bay window. I watched the sun set and rise from the window. We never needed an alarm, just went by the light coming through. Comes down to what's important to you. I've not had an inside cabin, so I can't speak to those, but if you know you'll be out of your room all the time, go with the inside. My husband and I actually enjoy setting in our cabin, ordering room service, and watching the ocean go by. Have fun!
Old January 5th, 2002, 11:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ANITA

was on the same cruise in June 2000... we also had an inside room. I say upgrade only if your getting a room with a Balcony, and save your money for other things. the room we had was very nice, we were on the Empress deck and we had othes friends on the Main and upper deck. (same room just different decks)
Old January 6th, 2002, 12:40 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Sherry

Oh yes! Good point Sherry! On the Galaxy, I positioned my chair near our window, ordered coffee and sit there very contented looking out as Deb got a nap. Hope we have the same cabin set up on the Pride Apr 27th
Semper Fi
Rick and Deb
Old January 6th, 2002, 09:24 AM
First Mate

Inside cabin tip - Turn on the ship-cam chanel on your in cabin TV and just leave it on. You will always know whats going on outside and save money for your bar bill.....

paul
Old January 13th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Ross

Linda, We're on the same cruise and went for the inside cabin as it was a great deal. Been on two other cruises, both Princess, one outside with a window, one outside with a balcony. The balcony was great but the window wasn't a big deal. You don't spend much time in the cabin, so we decided to save our money. See you on board!!