Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Yeoman

Default Carnival Cruise Cancellations?

Hi: Friends of our were sailing on Carnival later this month and the cruise was cancelled. How frequently does Carnnival do something like this? I'm going in April and rescheduling the week of vacation is not an option. How do the cruise lines make it right for the customer? Thanks, Bob
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Cruise Cancellations?

Which sailing was cancelled? What reason were you given for cancellation? Thanks and sorry this happened to you.
Old January 8th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Yeoman

Were you on the Holiday, booked for the southern caribbean? That is about the only major cancellation that we have heard of. The ship got repositioned out of New Orleans starting in March maybe.
No this doesn't happen often at all.
Old January 8th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Yeoman

Hi:No, it was not me. It was friends of ours. Not sure what vessel it was just that it was cancelled along with their fights. Bob
Old January 8th, 2002, 10:19 PM
ruthie

Any Idea what cruise was canceled? and why?

I am scheduled to go on a cruise on January 26, southern caribbean on the Carnival Holiday.
Old January 8th, 2002, 11:43 PM
Yeoman

I only know that it is during spring break in Feb....around the 16th. Bobruthie wrote:
>
> Any Idea what cruise was canceled? and why?
>
> I am scheduled to go on a cruise on January 26, southern
> caribbean on the Carnival Holiday.
Old January 9th, 2002, 10:11 AM
BillG

It happens occasionally on almost every line. Frequently the reason is that the ship is chartered by a corporation. Sometimes it is a mechanical problem that requires attention (such situations usually receive a lot of publicity), and sometimes a revision to the ship's schedule or itinerary is responsible. Since 9/11 there have been a number of itinerary and schedule changes, and many of the lines have announced that they will be sailing from new ports in the coming months. Any of the above reasons could explain the cancellation to which you refer, but without more details anything we can say would be pure speculation. Cruise lines will usually offer you several alternatives such as: sailing on the same dates on another ship or other itinerary- if available, substituting another cruise at a future date (usually with some time limitations), or a refund of your payment. I am sure your friends are disappointed but I hope that they and the cruise line can come up with an acceptable alternative.
Old January 9th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Therese

wow!!! that is something we haven't factored in for our cruise in May. We are flying in from Australia and it would be an awful amount of lost investment (both time and money) if something like this happened to us!

Therese