Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2002, 02:49 AM
Ernie

Default CARNIVAL PRIDE - new photos!

Just returned from the CARNIVAL PRIDE 3-day cruise. I've posted several
photos of the ship to:

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/picturepost/index.php

Use the scroll down menu and select "CARNIVAL PRIDE 1/9/2002".

I loved the ship, and this is from someone who is not a big Carnival fan. The service, food and decor were all a giant leap beyond my previous
Carnival cruise a couple years ago. I would have no problem recommending this ship to both Carnival and non-Carnival fans alike. I was impressed! A full review will follow. Enjoy the pictures!

Ernie Roller,
Atlanta, GA
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: CARNIVAL PRIDE - new photos!

Thanks for the pics - they are lovely. One comment though - the cabin looked a little gloomy and dull??! Does the balcony door open to the inside or outside. We are sailing on 10/18 cat. 8 and have just recently got of Celebrity Millennium. The Pride cabin just looks unintersting. Any comment.

Thanks.
Old January 14th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Admiral

Liz, one cabin photo which may have been Ernie's had the French door with an obstructed view. There are two Photo Galleries on addicts board of the Pride. Having also sailed on the Millennium, I am anxious to compare the average cabin size. My information states the room is 185 SF which is 15 SF larger than Millie's outside and regular balcony cabins. Cat 8i on the Pride has the larger balcony too. My TA told me the cabin decor is much more similar to Celebrity than other Carnival ships. A hairdryer is tucked into the vanity/desk draw with an extra plug at the desk for your other appliances. The TV is raised and on a swivel base (also a standard plug if needed) so you can watch from the mini-sofa or bed. The wall decorations on the three photos I have seen show at least 2 large paintings per cabin. Tones are subdued, peach, taupe, blonde or teak wood tones in the cabins which are very similar to the Celebrity ships.
Bon Voyage
Old January 15th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info - can't wait to sail.
Old January 16th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Roe-Z

Enjoyed looking at your photos, thanks. I wanted something "over the edge" and this decor is definitely it. Can't wait until September.