Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Frank

Default Best way From Orlando to Pt.Canaveral

Can anyone tell me from Orlando airport to PT.Canaveral what is the best and cheapest way to go?..Does CCL supply transportation?..If they do how much?..Any info would be helpful
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2002, 03:37 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Best way From Orlando to Pt.Canaveral

Carnival uses the Mears Bus company as its method of transportation to Port Canaveral. The cost is $15 one way, $30 round trip. You can purchase these tickets right at the airport from one of the Carnival representatives. They will be waiting around the baggage claim area, holding a Carnival sign, and will direct you to the busses. If you don't see these people, Mears also has a ticket booth in this area as well. The busses are modern motorcoach-type and are very nice. We used them earlier this month for our cruise on the Pride. The trip is almost an hour, so they provided a movie during the ride. If you prefer a limo/towncar type method of transportation, I recommend the Tiffany Towncar Service (www.tiffanytowncar.com). This way is considerably more expensive, but it is a very nice and well-run company. We used them for our Disney trip this past summer, and we did inquire about using them for a cruise. I don't remember the actual cost, but I believe it was over $100 for a round-trip ride. They will email you a quote if you inquire with them. (ask for Moe, he's great!)
Hope this helps!
Mike
Old January 19th, 2002, 05:17 PM
Admiral

also...you can purchase the CCL transfers from Carnival before you go. Thats what we did. 30pp RT sounded good to us.
Rick and Deb
Old January 22nd, 2002, 04:06 PM
Blumoo

You can also rent a car at the airport from Avis, especially if you go aday early. The return office is at the Radisson at the Cape. We found rates from $35.
Old February 10th, 2002, 11:55 PM
First Mate

We went a day early and got a shuttle with Omni Trans in Orlando. They were prompt in picking us up at the airport and at the port. We paid 110.00 for six of us round trip. We took the Mears shuttle the year before and it was ok if you don't mind the herd of cattle thing. I prefer the private shuttle.