Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2002, 02:15 PM
Passenger

Default outbound flight-time?

Our ship (Imagination) gets into port at 8:00 am on our final day. We have booked an outbound flight for 11:30 am. Is this enough time to get off the ship and to the airport in time to catch our flight?
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2002, 02:50 PM
Robocop

Default Re: outbound flight-time?

Probably. With all the security checks and delays that now occur since 9/11 I would not feel right recommending any flights before noon however.
Jim
Old January 21st, 2002, 03:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Tammy,
I am having the same problem, but only for the pride in april.
The last non stop flight I can find on any airline departs at 11:35am.
From all the advise I have gotten here, I think it's risky, but if worse comes to worse I will just miss my flight!
Something you can do, is go to the purser's office and request to be one of the first off of the ship.
I think you have to show that you have a flight before noon.
This will increase your chances.
Toni
Old January 22nd, 2002, 01:05 PM
Yeoman

Make sure you do go to the purser's desk with your airline ticket and ask for the early debarkation tags. With those you will be the first group off the ship once it clears. With a tight flight you are better off just getting a cab then using the Carnival transfers. With the Carnival buses you have to wait until the bus is full before it will leave for the airport, so getting off first really doesn't help you a whole lot.
Old January 22nd, 2002, 02:14 PM
Marnie

If you are one of the 1st off the ship, it should help to know how far the airport is from the docks and to find out some info about the airport. Those with early flights do get off the ship a little earlier but it is possible that they sat on the buses waiting for more passengers, so the cab may be the best.

As an example of how important it is to understand the airport here's what a mess it was in Miami. We got to the Miami airport by about 10am, we were thinking, WOW that was fast, then the idiots that worked for US Air refused to provide info about where you can check in. Everyone was standing in 3 lines which led to the same check in counter (curbside check-in). There were no signs to tell us how to get in to the terminal for the normal check in line. We weren't leaving for hours and didn't need curbside. Those with early flights were freaking out - we held them up because we listened to the US Air employee as she directed us in and out of 3 different lines that all went to the same counter.

I would post more specific questions so you know exactly what to expect.