Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2002, 08:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Sherry
Default When will tickets arrive

We are sailing on the Pride 2/23/02, first time cruisers. Just getting a little worried about when we will receive all the final information along with tickets. Can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2002, 08:50 PM
Len

Default Re: When will tickets arrive

Did you book cruise only or air/cruise? Just asking b/c usually if you do the air thru the cruise line it's a bit longer. You should have your docs 'normally' about 2 weeks prior to sailing. I got a call from my TA that my Pride docs were in the day after Christmas for the 01/12 sailing. Don't worry and give your TA a call if the time gets close and you still don't have the docs. Have Fun!!!
Old January 22nd, 2002, 08:52 PM
John & Di

I received my package about 2 week before the cruise. 2-3 is common.

John
Old January 22nd, 2002, 08:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Sherry

Hi Len
That makes me fell a little better. Booked thru Carnival, we are driving down from N.C.
Old January 23rd, 2002, 01:59 PM
Admiral

You are apt to get yours before we do Sherry, because I booked Carnival's air package through my TA. This way she gets the packet first, reviews it, gets our seat assignments, etc. then calls me or overnights the packet. Usually it is anywhere from a month to 10 days before sailing.
Old January 24th, 2002, 10:17 PM
CanadianCutie21F

Mine arrived 4 days before sailin date....and yes I was FREAKIN but we got there and everything was smooth sailin!!!
Victory Jan13/02
Old January 25th, 2002, 03:03 PM
edy

Sherry,

We will also be on the Feb. 23rd sailing. This is our 9th Carnival cruise. Last year we got our tickets 27 days ahead of time. It has been that way most years and we book our air through Carnival. I called today and our air info is there which means our tickets should arrive any time! 29 days to go!
Old January 31st, 2002, 11:03 AM
First Mate

We've gotten the tickets anywhere from two weeks to a few days before the sailing -- as someone else pointed out, they usually go to the TA first (even if you used an internet TA like cruise.com or cruise411.com) to check, and then they're delivered to you. We've never NOT gotten them in 5 cruises, although I always worry until we actually receive them. You'll see that cruise tickets are more like a long-skinny brochure than usual tickets. READ EVERY PAGE, since you have to fill out certain sections and sign some pages. By having everything done before you get to the ticket counters at the port, you'll save yourself a lot of time and will be much more relaxed in the check-in process. Happy sailing!