Going on the 3 day cruise on the Fascination departing 2/15/02. This is my husband and kids first cruise (hence the 3 days). I love cruising and this will be our first Carnival cruise, as I've heard great things about the kids program.
I have a few questions:
1. If the ship departs at 4:00, what is the earliest we can board?
2. What of the shore excursions are good for families with kids (ages 4 and 7).
3. Are the excursions more expensive booked thru the ship, e.g. swimming with the dolphins. Or should I book directly with them online?
4. Should we decide to just enjoy the beach on Nassau, what is a good recommendation?
5. Lastly, where is a good place to eat while in Nassau?
Hi Paula, I did the Fascination last August. The ship is nice and pretty well maintained. We embarked around 12:30 or so once you get your docs they should say what time you can start...get there early because they always start earlier than what the docs say. In Nassau we did the island tour in the morning and the Blue Lagoon in the afternoon. I have been to Nassau before so I just went along for the tour since a couple were never there before. Blue Lagoon was nice for a relaxing day at the beach. Plenty of white sand to soak up some sun and swim and not too crowded. There is a snack bar, gift shop & beach bar on the island, but the prices are pretty steep! Have fun...Bon Voyage!