Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2002, 10:55 PM
Nita

Default Pride

We took a Saturday drive to Port Canaveral just to see the Ship and boy is she nice............ We were able to watch her leave from Jetty Park. Just sent chills up & down your back. Makes you want to go even more. It's a 2 hour drive from Tampa....... just in case you want to know. Also we saw a few signs posted that said one carry on per person with the size of 11x17, Anyone who has their Doc's already does it mention the size and how much you can carry on per person. Cause it's not that easy to find that size.

Thanks NIta

Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Vicki C

Default Re: Pride

Nita,
Have our doc in hand, sail Saturday and there is no place in it that says this. Just measured our rolling carryons are 20x17 and 18x17. Hope it isn't a problem. I will also have my purse/backpack which is not small either.
Vicki
Old January 28th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the great picture. I know my carry on is larger than that! We shall see on the 23rd..
Old January 28th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Yeoman

I just spoke with Carnival and they did in fact verify that carry on luggage cannot be any larger than 11 x 17. It has to go through the metal detector or you have to open it up for inspection.
Old January 28th, 2002, 05:48 PM
mlbcruiser

Thanks for the info! We always like to bring as much as we can on with us since some friends didn't get their luggage until the next day once on the Destiny. I take it from your post that if you have a carryon that is larger you can take it on if you let them open it up?
(Not that I want to hold up the line, but must see what I can come up with for a small carryon.)
Last March we tried to carry on a large suitcase. We had seen others do it. However a Carnival port employee was adamant that we could not saying the luggage would not fit through the xray machine for sure. Well, she was dead wrong, as we saw a couple of other people who managed to get by her, PLUS someone with a huge cardboard box full of who know what & it even fit through the xray machine! But I guess since Sept. ll, things must be tight & I don't really mind for that reason. Glad for the warning!
Old January 28th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Nita

That what wre goning to end up doing.......I'll just put my Wine in another smaller bag......works for me :-)
Old January 29th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Vicki C

Guess they will have to open them up and look inside. Ours are all bigger than that and they are already packed and ready to go. We leave Sat. Will let you know when we return how it went. Look for my review on Sunday or Monday the 10th or 11th.
Vicki
Old January 29th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Yeoman

The three of us on this end are about to go nuts with excitement!!!! By Sat. we will probably self combust!
Old January 29th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Yeoman

Does that mean you carry your alcohol on board? I am going to bring extra and have read several different posts on what to do but still looking for options. Don't they go through your bag on embarkation?
Old January 29th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Vicki C

I have transfered our booze to plastic bottles from our pharmacy. Wrapped it in bubble wrap and then into ziplock bags. Will stash it in checked luggage wrapped in clothes. Don't think I will have any problems.
Vicki
3 more days !!!
Old January 29th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Yeoman

With each day its just more and more exciting. These forums have been a huge help! Just wish I had found them a mo. ago. Went to liquor store tonight, bought my box of wine and a plastic bottle of vodka for one of my travel mates. Going to pack it in my checked luggage since that seems to be what most people do.

If you see a woman in a wheel chair, a red head and a blond running amuck on the ship then that is us!!! I am Michelle of course, my mothers name is Barbara and Angela is our friend from a previous cruise. She has a strong NY accent and well, Momster and I are just a couple of hillbillys from KY!

Im ready to have a party now!!!!

Michelle