Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Passenger

Default Pride - snorkeling in Belize & taxi from progr

When I originally posted the following questions, it was before the Pride set sail in January. Hopefully, now some people can answer my questions.

My wife and I will be on a cruise (Carnival Pride) in June 2002 for the Western itinerary. I have 2 questions – one about snorkeling off of Belize City and the other about going to Chichen Itza from Progreso.

Regarding the snorkeling, I have visited some websites and I am interested in snorkeling on the Barrier Reef. The companies that I see offer ˝ day for about $20 per person. I am sure this is much less than what Carnival offers. Has anyone else done the snorkeling on their own while in Belize (the ship stops in Belize City, so I do not know how realistic it is to go to Caye Caulker. I have heard great things about the Shark and Ray Alley and Village. Are there guys there offering to take you to the reef by boat?

Regarding Progreso – we want to go to Chichen Itza. I have done a bunch of research and feel comfortable being my own tour guide for those particular ruins. My questions are: How much would it cost 2 people to take a taxi from wherever the Pride would dock in Progreso to Chichen Itza and back? I am trying to see if it is significantly cheaper than the ship-arranged tour. I assume that it is, but I am looking for specific prices that other travelers have encountered. I hear that the ride is about 1/12 – 2 hours. Are there buses available (for those not going on the ship’s excursion) or only taxis?

Any advice/tips will be greatly appreciated.

Dave Miklas

dmiklas@prodigy.net
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2002, 11:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ANITA
Default Re: Pride - snorkeling in Belize & taxi from p

Hi,
Our family will be sailing on the Pride on Feb. 16th. We also would like to go to Chichen Itza from Progresso. Let me know anything you find out, we would really appreciate it! Anita