Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default THANKS CARLOS AND CHARLIE!

Thanks to all of you who suggested Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel. Awesome place! Hubby and I got our pic with the sombrero and the mother of margarita. We went on Inspiration 1/20 and got back Sunday. Had a blast, but could have skipped Cayman. The people there just weren't as friendly as Jamaica and Cozumel. Will definately RETURN to Mexico. Loved it.

Thanks ALL!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2002, 06:57 PM
gogetter

Default Re: THANKS CARLOS AND CHARLIE!

Hello,

WOW,,the Cayman people weren't friendly ? The ones i met were......
Old January 29th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Leslie,
Good to hear you had a great time on your cruise and also Carlos and Charlies. Suprised though, that you didn't care for Grand Cayman, hope you snorkeled with the Sting Rays?

So, when's the next cruise?

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old January 30th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Eric

Now you will have to visit Carlos and Charlies web site.They post all those digital pictures that they take in a photo gallery.We were there two years ago and werw able to find ours.Will be checking out the one im Aruba next week, can hardly wait!
Old January 30th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Eric

Now you will have to visit Carlos and Charlies web site.They post all those digital pictures that they take in a photo gallery.We were there two years ago and werw able to find ours.Will be checking out the one im Aruba next week, can hardly wait!
Old January 30th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well, I wouldn't say "all " the people weren't friendly, but the stores that we went into around the pier didn't have the most cordial people working in them. It could also be that I like different types of people...like those in Jamaica. Some of our first time cruisers were disturbed at how pushy the Jamaicans were at the shops and I loved it! They really made me smile! And yes I got my pic made with a true Jamaican woman that hustled me out of $5. That's okay by me, though. I love the pic! : )
Old January 30th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Next cruise????

Started planning it Sunday night after we got home. We're gonna try for a Christmas cruise and take the whole family. My son's pretty p.o.'ed that we had so much fun and he had to stay with his grandma.

We didn't do stingray city. My husband wanted to go scuba diving. He had a blast. Problem is, I'm deathly afraid of water that I can not stand in, so I sat on the beach. Got burned, too. Ha Ha. We WILL do the stingrays when we go back.

Overall, this has been the BEST vacation I've EVER taken and I can't wait to go back!! I miss the sea : )
Old January 30th, 2002, 10:26 PM
CHARLENE HEMPLER

HI, I ALSO GOT HUSTLED TAKING HER PIC. BUT I ONLY PAID $1..... SORRY!!!!!! WE DIDNT MAKE IT TO CARLOS AND CHARLIE LAST TIME BUT PLAN ON BEING THERE IN MAY. GOT A LITTLE SEA SICK COMING FROM THE PLAYA DEL CARMEN ON A ROUGH RIDING TENDER. OH WAS REALLY BAD. SO DRINKS WERE OUT OF THE QUESTION.... WILL BE THERE THIS TIME THO.......
Old January 31st, 2002, 08:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

OH! I think I know the tender you are talking about.! Rough ride for us as well. AND we had a water leak just above us. drip...drip...drip...
Old January 31st, 2002, 10:42 AM
burtie

I agree with you about Grand Cayman. In my opinion, the only thing good there was swimming with the sting rays. Shopping and clerks were expensive and rude. Our group of 6 ate lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and they were very rude, except for our waitress. One of our party had to go to the restroom after we ate and they told her she could not use their restroom and would have to go across the street. It was in working condition as we saw several other people going in and out! Hard Rock has seen the last of my money! Next cruise, if it stops at grand cayman we will stay on the ship.