Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2002, 03:42 PM
Frank

Default Getting Price Quotes

I get different price quotes for the same cruise date and Cat..If you book a cruise with Icruise or similiar company,the reservation
number you get,is that from the company or Carnival?.With that reservation number,can you call Carnival and here is my reserevation number please look it up for me?..Any info on people who have used any of these companies for booking a cruise would be appreciated.I just dont want to book with someone who is not legit.
Thank You
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2002, 05:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Getting Price Quotes

Hi Frank,
Two years ago, while searching (for weeks) for the best cruise & price for our family reunion, I mentioned to a friend of mine that I was finding prices all over the place. She told me that she had booked with "Sandy" at Gold Coast Cruises for about the last 7 (?) years because she always beat everyone else's prices. I called her, and sure enough she beat the best price I could find on the internet for our Eastern Caribbean cruise. Last year, again, she beat any internet price I could find for our Alaskan cruise. This week, I booked our family's Western Caribbean cruise with her. Gold Coast Cruises is now Cruises Only. Their website is actually www.Mytravelco.com - though Sandy beat the posted price when I booked with her. I can assure you I have NO connections with Sandy, and get no type of kickback for passing her name on to you. Having been a business owner, my Dad always taught me that "Word of mouth is the best advertisement." My PASSION is traveling, and I love to get a fair price! You can reach Sandy at (800)443-7447 Ext. 31237 If you call, please tell her that I said "Hello"!
Bon Voyage!
Donna P.
Old February 2nd, 2002, 12:49 AM
Admiral

Frank.....check different places on the web (lots of them <G>) Make sure you price same ship..date ..cat. ........Call a few TA's and go with the best price for what you want. As some here have said ....price is important but should not be the only consideration when planning a cruise. Regardless of who you purchase thru.....if you have a question and have a TA...the Cruise line will normally only discuss your cruise with the TA not you. Remember that pricing on cruises is very strange....some will always pay more or less than others. I would never recommend any particular TA to anyone......I would recommend you researching prices via the internet and phone calls, etc....then decide who YOU want to go with. Good luck.
Semper Fi
Rick
Old February 2nd, 2002, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

"price is important but should not be the only consideration when planning a cruise." I agree with you Rick. I would certainly rank being able to trust my TA above price. Shopping for a TA's reputation is as (if not more) important as shopping for price.
Donna P.
Old February 2nd, 2002, 11:20 AM
PW

Hi.
We booked our cruise thru icruise.com after checking several different web sites. Their prices seemed to be the best. We have always used a travel agent before, but I did not even check with them this time, as the prices at icruise were so low, especially if you can be a little flexible on the date. We have been very happy with icruise. We received our tickets 2 weeks ago and leave next weekend. Good luck!
Old February 2nd, 2002, 01:03 PM
Robocop

Rick! My man! You have made a wonderful post! There is not one thing that I can say that Rick didn't say, and say perfectly. Check all the TA sites, check the cruiseline sites, check your local TA's, pick the one that will serve you best and who is offing a price you can feel good about. Also like Rick, I will not recommend any particuliar TA as it would be unfair to all the others that are just as good. Now if someone asks me privately if I would avoid a particuliar TA and if they named them then I would answer honestly, just as I will answer any questions about a TA that I feel good about.
Jim
Old February 5th, 2002, 02:54 PM
First Mate

I booked a last minute deal ( booked on Saturday for a Thursday departure) in early Oct. Found price on mytravelco.com but due to short time prior to trip I could not book on line but created a request and they called me back within minutes. Got the price I needed and even got a better cabin. ( had found a porthole cabin but go large window for the same price). Everything worked out fine and I would book with them again. I was able to call carnival the next day and confirm cabin number and details. Had to pick up doucuments at the terminal but that worked real well.