Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2002, 08:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default beaches?

We are cruising on the Pride in April. Can anyone help with info on beaches in Belieze and Progresso?? We would prefer to just go to the beach and not do a shore excursion.
Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2002, 09:17 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via Yahoo to Mark
Default Re: beaches?

laurie, ive been on almose 300 cruise and i can tell you that those places are about the poorest location for beaches unless you want to travel 100 miles. in belize it is mostly jungle but they have offshore islands where they have beaches but it takes hours to travel back and forth and they are not worth it. progreso is near merida, shopping and ruins and belize is well , about 30 min off the ship and u will want to return, sorry, Mark. Any questions e mail me have a good trip
Old February 2nd, 2002, 10:16 AM
CindyC

Hi Mark,
Would you recommend an excursion in Progresso? cc
Old February 2nd, 2002, 12:55 PM
Robocop

Hummmmm, 300 cruises? That would mean 6 years of cruising every week with only 2 weeks vacation a year. Even an employee that works full time takes more than 10 years to get that many cruises under their belt! Mindboggling, I just can't imagine a non-employee being able to rack up that many cruises.
Anyway, to answer the question I would suggest that you take a tour to Chitizen Itza (sp) and view the Mayan ruins, they are really spectacular and interesting. There is also a beach very close to Progresso that I have heard is fairly nice. In Belize you are better off going on a tour of the jungle or cave tubing. Both are supposed to be absolutely fantastic and well worth the money. They also have a arial tran that I have heard mixed reports on with most of them not being very favorable. I really hope that we get to go to these places in the near future so that we can provide some first hand knowledge and guidance.
Jim
Old February 4th, 2002, 03:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have heard it is highly recomended to take tours in Belize and Progresso. Belize city is not the safest area for tourist and Progresso righjt now is so under developed right now there is really nothing to do unless you take a tour. I was kinda hoping to be able to chill on the beach myself. I am going to do Cave Tubing in Belize and in Progresso I am going to do the the all inclusive Beach Resort tour. You can call Carnival and get them to Fax you a excursion list. Hope this helps!

Crystal
Fantasy 4-16-00
Pride 12-7-02
Old February 12th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Passenger

Jim,

wow, you really hit the nail on the head. i work on the pride, and hvave worked on ships for 4 years now, and haven't done 300 cruises. heheheheehehee !!!!

you have told exactally the right info on beleize and progresso. there really isn't much there for the general travelor. the ruins are the best thing to do !!!

nothing like cozumel.....progresso will be like that in about 10 years i think.

russell.