Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2003, 03:02 PM
loowee

Default babies on board?

Hi there, I am wondering if ANYONE can give us an honest, accurate answer as we have been told many different things. We will be travelling on Carnivals Destiny in February and are trying to decide if we should take our almost 2 year old. He will be two months away from being two at the time of the cruise. Our question is this, does anyone know forsure(or good probability) if we will be asked for his birth certificate/passport for enty into Camp Carnival(the kids program on board)? Our son isn' t quite one yet and we have been asked a few times if he is two already. So he is a big boy and is quite advanced(he won't look like he isn't two). I have spoken to two carnival reps(one who spoke to her supervisor) and was told, we probably would not be questioned if he didn't look to young, it would just depend on the counsellor and another rep said we would be asked regardless. Anyone have an exprience with this either way?
Thank you so much for any info,
loowee
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2003, 03:34 PM
Passenger

Default Re: babies on board?

When we were on Carnival ships, they knew the ages of the kids because you have to provide this info (date of birth) when booking. That is why minors can't purchase alcohol with their Sail and Sign Cards - the system will not allow it for minors.

I believe the manifest used by the crew includes ages.

KD
Old April 23rd, 2003, 04:42 PM
MichelleM

Default Re: babies on board?

When my cousin used Camp Carnival they referred to their master list to place him in the right age group. They will know that he isn't quite two yet. If it is a slow kid week they might let it slip but if you are traveling during a peak period they are very strict about age groups.