Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Therese

Default Birthdays...

My husband's birthday will be 2 days after we leave the ship. We will be flying back to Australia that day and he will be spending most of his birthday in the plane.

I was thinking I might give him an early birthday surprise on the boat.

What do you think of their celebration packages? I guess it would be better to do this 2 nights before we leave because the last night will be pretty hectic, or should I do it on the first day of our 7 night cruise so that he gets to enjoy his goodies for the entire vacation?

thanks!

Therese
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2002, 12:30 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna
Default Re: Birthdays...

If you tell your TA she can arrange for a cake to be delivered to your table on the last night of the cruise. The celebration packages are delivered before you board the ship but you can order packages once on board in the tux/rental celebrations store (at least they had one on board the Sensation). Hope this helps.
Chyna
Old February 6th, 2002, 05:17 PM
Nita

order it from your TA before you get on the ship... that way he can celebrate all week long.
Nita
Old February 8th, 2002, 11:43 AM
First Mate

Carnival sells a birthday package as a bon voyage gift on its web site, that is nice but essentially just some birthday streamers and a balloon.

Your TA can arrange for a birthday cake in the dining room -- every night of your cruise, you'll hear "Happy Annivversery to You," Happy Honneemoon to You" and "Happy Byrthdae to You" sung by the waiters at tables all around you. Your own table may have more than one special event!! (The singing drives my husband crazy, but I really enjoy it.) If you decide to have your TA arrange for a birthday cake, I suggest that you mention it to your waiter privately to confirm the arrangements. On our 15th anniversary cruise in Alaska (we had arranged to renew our vows in the Russian Orthodox church in Sitka), we were very disappointed that the dining room forgot the anniversary celebration that our TA had supposedly ordered. Now I remind the dining room before the event, so that I'm never disappointed again.

On our last cruise, we purchased a special chocolate decadance cake from the tux/specialty store on Sensation for a birtthday. I brought my own birthday streamers and tape, and decorated the room and door when the birthday boy was out. The cake was not delivered when I had arranged for it, and I ended up calling twice to find out where it was. The cake WAS very good, but our family couldn't finish it. We put the remainder outside the cabin door for room service pick-up. As people went by they were breaking off pieces of it and eating it in the hallll!!! Although the special cake was nice, it was overkill -- there are so many other great deserts and food on board, that I don't think I'd ever order a cake for the room again.

Happy Cruising!
Old February 8th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Therese

thank you all for your advice I will see what my TA can help me out with

Therese