Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Jerry & Ginny

Default David's Restaurant

We've booked our first cruise ever for Dec 7th on the Carnival Pride. In the information that we've seen about David's, there is a $20 reservation charge, but what about the cost of the meal, gratuities for the servers, etc. We hear that the cost of the cruise includes all food, so can anyone out there tell us what's the deal on David's. Thanks
J&G
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: David's Restaurant

Hi there,
I am going on the pride on 04/20/02 and plan on going to "Davids"
Here is what I know so far:

THere is a charge of 20 or 25 dollars to eat there. The only thing you pay extra for is liqour, wine, etc. The charge covers your food and gratuities. I am sure if you wish to tip more it is allowed!

The menu looks terrific. If you would like to see the menu go to sealetter.com
it is posted there under carnival information and specs

kimann
Old February 8th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello Jerry and Ginny my husbnad and I our going on the Pride December 7 too!!!! This will be our 2nd cruise give me a email if you like!.............. Cricket1997@hotmail.com
Old February 8th, 2002, 02:19 PM
Admiral

The service fee for this reservations only supper club of $25 per person is all that is required. As indicated, it is up to you if you leave an additional gratuity. 15% will still be added to your liquor, wine or special cordial/coffees. The menu includes Lobster and their infamous entre' of Joe's Stone Crabs. A jazz singer is scheduled to appear there during our sailing on 2/23. I am not sure yet if we will try it out.
Bon Voyage
Old February 8th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Roe-Z

A couple of years ago while on the Disney Magic, they too had a supper club that was an addional fee. I did not go there, but I guess this is what some cruise ships are doing now.