Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2002, 12:02 AM
First Mate

Default Carnival 'Kit' ??

Booked our first cruise ever on the Pride (3/2) last Thursday. Since it's only 3 wks out, will I be getting my info from Carnival soon? What's in the package I'll receive? Have read many of the listings and some folks don't have cabin assignments. When we booked with the agency, we were able to select our room number. Will that change? OH, so many questions!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Len

Default Re: Carnival 'Kit' ??

Hi Nancy...you should be very excited! The Pride is a beautiful ship just sailed on her last month. The 'kit' per se your speaking of is a blue wallet type folder containing all the documents you will need to board, and transfer vouchers if you purchased them. There are a few pages you will need to fill out prior to arriving at the cruise terminal...your agent will go over it with you. Besides the docs in the wallet will be your luggage tags, a 'welcome aboard' booklet with info. on things to know, etc. If you already have a cabin assignment then you didn't book a 'guarantee' (TBA) for a possible upgrade. Doesn't mean you still can't get an upgrade, but most likely you will not if your already assigned. Enjoy the cruise...Bon Voyage!!!
Old February 10th, 2002, 06:01 PM
JanetMc

Nancy, I booked on the Pride for March 2 about two weeks ago - got my docs last week. We have cruised many times but this will be our first time on Carnival. I am anxous to see the new ship - well actually, I mean to be on the new ship. We drove out to the port last Sat. and took a look at her - Looks very nice from the outsidel
JanetMcNancy wrote:
>
> Booked our first cruise ever on the Pride (3/2) last
> Thursday. Since it's only 3 wks out, will I be getting my
> info from Carnival soon? What's in the package I'll
> receive? Have read many of the listings and some folks don't
> have cabin assignments. When we booked with the agency, we
> were able to select our room number. Will that change? OH,
> so many questions!!
Old February 10th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Robocop

Nancy, the others have told you pretty much exactly what you will recieve so I won't bother repeating it. Just fill out the information before you go to embarkation to make things easier. As for the cabin assignment, as you booked a specific cabin, that is the cabin you will receive, period. The only way it would be changed is if someone else who CCL really wants to please wants that cabin and even then they will only move you with your prior approval and then to usually a very nice cabin and often with a cash incentive. The advantage of booking a specific cabin is that you know where you will be, the disadvantage is you will not get an upgrade except in the most unusual of circumstances and you will still know well in advance and even then ONLY with your prior permission.
Jim
Old February 11th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Admiral

What does CCL mean? So if I already have a cabin assignment, there isn't any way I can have it changed? I'm not sailing until April 14th on Victory?
Old February 11th, 2002, 07:34 PM
TomS

CCL is shorthand for Carnival Cruise Lines. Usually, it refers to just Carnival, but it will sometimes be used in reference to all of Carnival Corporation's holdingsm including Cunard, Costa, Holland America Lines (also shorthanded HAL), Seaborn, and Windstar. CCL is also the NYSE ticker symbol for the company.
As for changing your room to a "run of the ship", you might check with your TA. The reward might be a cabin upgrade, but the risk is that you might be put in a less desirable part of the ship, such as near the bow (anchor noises) or the stern (engine vibrations).
Old February 11th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Seabreez

Hi Karen CCL is Carnival Cruise Line. I am sailing on
April 14th too - the Destiny. Cruise #11 with Carnival.
Hope your cruise is all you ever wanted it to be - I am sure it
will be a blast. Have fun!!!!!!!!
Pat
Old February 13th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Marnie

Your cruise docs should be in any day, you could try calling your TA.

As far as cabin assignments, don't write your cabin number on the Carnival baggage tags until you get to the port. The porters should have a booklet with all the cabin assignments in it. I would double check that your cabin assignment is still the same, just to make sure. With any luck, it won't be and that means you've been upgraded. Then write the cabin number on your luggage tags. I don't want to discount what Robocop said, it is highly unlikely that your cabin # will change, but there's always hope.

Shore excursion info won't be with your docs. Also, call 1-800-Carnival and they will fax or e-mail the details of the excursions available through the cruiseline. It should have prices and tour durations on it as well as detailed descriptions. You'll be a little ahead of the game when booking your excursions.

This plus your cruise docs and you should be all set.