Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Passenger

Default Triumph Cruise to Nowhere?

Hi -

I just booked a 2 night cruise to nowhere on the Carnival Triumph, leaving NY on 6/22. Can anyone tell me anything about it? My BF has never cruised before, so I figured this would be a good introduction to one.

Anything special or different on a cruise to nowhere than a cruise that has ports of call (other than the length and the fact it doesn't stop anywhere)? Any advice, opinions?

TIA!
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2002, 02:57 PM
Les Duggins

Default Re: Triumph Cruise to Nowhere?

Did the all inclusive to nowhere from Charleston, SC two years ago. We wish they would do some more. We have tried to book in different location but they always sell out by the time we find out. We have been on 4 or 5 cruise, the all inclusive to nowhere as been the best one, its just not long enough.
Old February 11th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Passenger

Thanks Les - what was the best about it specifically? It sounds like it's going to be fun!
Old February 12th, 2002, 08:10 AM
First Mate

Generally the cruises to nowhere are geared toward travel agents who want to preview the ship so they can sell it to their clients. If I'm not mistaken, all drinks are free on these cruises. Have a great time!
Mike
Old February 12th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Passenger

Does anyone know if what Mike wrote is true - are drinks free? Wow, wouldn't that be a great perk!
Old February 13th, 2002, 10:29 AM
snorklr

We did the cruise to Nowhere this past
October out of Norfolk, VA!

We had a blast and the alcohol was
included as were the tips!
We even had a balcony!!!

Email me if you have any questions,
L
Old February 15th, 2002, 02:40 PM
cruise to nowhere

We have done about four cruises to nowhere with Carnival. Yes the drinks were included then but that is a thing of the past. We called Carnival to ask about the cruises coming up and they said they were no longer including drinks.They are only mentioning this if you ask, so anyone who has been on one of the prior cruises to nowhere don't expect the open bar. That was a great part of the trip. We did have alot of fun on the cruises but we think the price is a little high now that we have to add the price of drinks to the weekend. Even just drinking soda will add quite a bit to the price. Another thing that is good to know is they do have a formal night so you will be prepared with something nice to wear. Have a great time! Cindy