Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Frank

Default Cork Fees

From what I understand you can bring your own bottle of wine,and there will be a charge of 10.00 to cork open the bottle.Is it possible to bring your own cork and bring your own open wine bottle to the dinner table?.I do not want to sound cheap,but I do not want to be taken for a ride with those wine prices.I can buy a good bottle of wine for 10.00.Why should I spend 25 to 30 for the same wine.
Thnak you
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cork Fees

Frank......Don't think you can do that......BUT if one could, I don't think it would be a good idea and would look very "tacky". Look at it this way....10 dollar cork fee is better than paying 25 for the wine........you still save 15 on ship prices. Besides, how many bottles of wine can one carry without increasing baggage weight significantly <G> You are going on an experience of a lifetime, don't decrease its significance by worrying about every penny you may or may not spend.
Rick
Old February 12th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Cork Fees

I agree with Rick. i always bring a bottle of my own wine on board, simply because i can buy the exact same bottle of French wine that is sold on the ship for $28 back home for $8. Add $10 corkage fee and I am still saving $10. I look at it that way. I am saving $10. Do not look at it like you are wasting $10.

Besides, it is not approppriate to open your own wine at the table.

If you are really concerned about saving money, limit yourself to only one shore excursion on a 7 day cruise and research the ports that you will be visiting and do your own thing. GENERALLY, you can do many of the same excursions for about 1/2 the price that the cruise line charges. There are some exceptions, but in general, you can usually take a taxi to whatever destination and split it with others and save a bundle. If the destination requires a tour guide, either hire one there or research it ahead of time so you can give yourself a tour.