Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Default Shore Tour

We are going on the Carnival Pride 3/9 to the eastern Caribbean. I have looked at alot of options that the travel agent sent over and now I am just confused on what to do. This is our first cruise and I do know we want to snorkel. We are in our early 30's and love the water and beach but dont want to spend all our time there. Can someone help me out on what things to do to see and get our moneys worth.

Time to Pride
21 days 58 minutes 28 seconds
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Shore Tour

Hi Shawn,
You may want to snorkel while you are in St. Thomas. You can grab a cab at the pier and head over to Red Hook Ferry and go to St. John/trunk bay, beautiful island and some decent snorkeling.
Once at St. JOhn, just a short taxi ride to the beaches, easily done on your own, so you can come/go as you please. Here is a link to the ferry schedule:

You may also find some good tips by reading through the "first cruisers" section here, have fun:

Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 15th, 2002, 04:53 PM

On the Inspiration last May we stopped at St. Thomas. Through web sites like this one, I found out that we could do things on our own. I agree with the previous post to go to St. John. We took a taxi from the ship to the ferry. In St. John at the dock there are open air taxis that can take you for an hour or two tour of St. John which I really recommend. There are photo ops everywhere. He was so informative and patient. He took us to a very quiet beach (one that the cruise tours don't go on) where we swam and snorkled for a few hours. When we were ready to leave, our taxi driver miraculously appeared although there were several other drivers waiting to take riders back to the ferry again. Also the driver who had quickly gotton us to the ferry on time in the morning was waiting for us at the dock in St. Thomas. He asked if we would like a short tour of St.Thomas. Of course, this was an added attraction that we weren't counting on. It was so easy to facilitate, it was cheaper than the ship excursions and best of all we could come and go whenever and wherever we wanted. We got to see and hear about two islands at our own pace. Enjoy your cruise.
Old February 15th, 2002, 07:24 PM

DON"T do the Buck Island Sail/Snorkel tour...try St. Johns for snorkeling. I'd explore St. Thomas on your own. The Paradise Point Tramway is fun, and there are several trails to explore at the top.
Old February 25th, 2002, 11:10 AM
First Mate

DON'T do anything on St. Thomas. It is a horrible place. We made the mistake of spending a whole week there. Go to St Johns for everything. St. Johns is a great island with some interesting shops and a wonderful vegetarian resturant. The beaches are wonderful also!