Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Pride Cruise

My wife and I just got back from a 7 day cruise to the Eastern Carribbean on the Carnival Pride. Great ship, great cruise except for the 2 days my wife came down with bronchitis. The Dr. was great and she quickly was on the mend. I highly recommend this cruise ship!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Carnival Pride Cruise

did you do any excursions ? i'm in a real quandry trying to decide which excursion to do ! we go march 23 ... 32 more days !!!

thanks
Old February 18th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Hollie

If you do the Western carribean I highly recommend the Fury's Catamaran in cozumel and the rodeo thing in Progresso.

By the way that ship and the crew are absolutely awesome!!!

Toodles
Old February 18th, 2002, 09:36 PM
Passenger

We were on the Pride on January 12th, and on Wednesday, I, too, came down with Bronchitis!! I went and saw the doctor; was her name Dr. Ballinger? I believe it was, she was from England, and she was very, very nice! She gave me an antibiotic, and in 24-hours, I felt much better!!
Old February 18th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Passenger

I am so happy to hear you had a good time (except getting sick). We are going on the Pride March 9th to the Eastern Caribbean as well. What things did you go do on shore? What kind of cabin did you have?

Thanks.
Old February 19th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Passenger

We too are going on the march 9th cruise..pride
very excited...
hope you have fun!
cold in the North
Old February 19th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

We did some snorkeling in Salt Cay (beautiful), and at St. Maartin. If I were you, I'd pass on this one. They have everyone snorkle in the same area which is roped off. we only saw about 2 kinds of fish and the coral was in bad shape, due to the high volume of people in the same area.

They have a swim with dolphins tour and a swim with stingrays in Salt Cay. The dolphin tour is poor, you are waist deep in a pool that's is blocked off keeping the dolphins in, the same with stingrays.

Make sure you go to the tour briefings they have prior to booking a tour, they give you good information. That's where we found out about the dolphin and stingray tours. The cruise director implied that they were not good.

We didn't do any tours at St Thomas because my wife was pretty sick.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!!
Old February 19th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Read the message I sent to Pam. I gave her some good info on what we did and what we passed up. We had a balcony and that was great. I know people don't spend alot of time in the cabin, but it is so nice to sit out there going in and out of ports, watching the sunrise or set, depending on which way the ship is going and just having a quiet time with the wife.
Old February 19th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Robb Christensen

Hello All my & I are going on the Pride March 30th with our group called Team Fun (about 30 this year). We all have balconies and I was told by our travel agent that the partitions between the balconies do not fold open as on the Victory and Destiny. Most of us are side by side and like last year we had 1 large balcony between 3 cabins. If this is true plese email me or reply, thanks

Robb
Old February 20th, 2002, 04:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

thanks for info ... but we are not into snorkeling or swimming w/dolphins or stingrays. basically just because of what you said we figured was true as so many people do it at the same time. we'll save the snorkeling when we are vacationing on the island for a longer period of time. and even tho we all love the beach, ocean, we are not into swimming on cruises... changing and having sand all over you, etc. walking the beach some, sitting and enjoying it, maybe in an open-air bar, restaurant, that is as far as we go with beaches on cruises. and just being in one place for the entire day drinking and listening to music is not for us either. we do love a frozen thingy, love the island music, but not in the hot sun, and having to deal with loud, "tipsy" people !

we like sightseeing, seeing the town, the better shops, the wonderful places to have a nice lunch and enjoy the culture.... and take in beautiful sights to take pictures !

we were looking at the regatta cup race... and not wanting to go to st john... was told there is nothing there really except beach activities.

again, thanks for the info !
happy cruising !
pam & family
30 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE PRIDE !!!
Old February 20th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

I was checking out the partitions and they are hinged, but a special tool is needed to loosen what looked like maybe hex bolts in order to open them. we didn't ask about it but you might ask the cabin steward about it. They are hinged for some reason.