Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Melanie Salter

Default Fantasy Cruise on Sept 8th 2002

Me and my husband and 2 children are going to be going on this cruise, kids are 6 years and 2 years, would like to hear from anyone that has taken a Fantasy cruise with kids or is planing to on this date. This is our first cruise and have no idea what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2002, 12:21 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Fantasy Cruise on Sept 8th 2002

Hello. Hubby and I took our son (7 y.o.) last April on Fantasy. This was his first cruise -- and our first on Carnival. The food was good, the childrens program was great. My son had a fantastic time w/ his new friends. We had to beg him to have dinner w/ us! Afterwards he was off to see his pals :-)

The activities the childrens counselors put together are fun for all....mother/son, father/daughter dance contests (we won!), pool games, etc.

The pool area was very disappointing to us. The main pool is VERY small and has the slide in it....honestly, if you put 5 people in -- crowded. Also, the "deck" around pool is raised about 2 ft., so forget laying in lounge chair watching your kids in pool...you have to be literally right there.

When in Nassau go to Atlantis...(They say the hotel does not welcome cruise guests -- but we had no problem). This resort is something to see. The kids will love the pool area and the aquariums....its huge, make sure you see it all.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time -- the kids will too! :-)
If you have any questions, let me know.

Deb
Old March 12th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Melanie Salter

Default Re: Fantasy Cruise on Sept 8th 2002

Deb, Thanks so much for replying to my questions, This is our first cruise and I am full of questions and would like to get any info that I can, especially concerning what we can do with the kids. I have read all that I can find on the Fantasy, some good, some bad. If you can think of anything that might help please let me know.
Thanks again. Melanie