Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Pride Western Caribbean

We are travelling on our honeymoon on the Pride September 2002 -Western Caribbean cruise to Belize/Cozumel/Key West. I was wondering what to expect weather wise. Comments from anyone who has cruised this area at this time of year?
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Robocop

Default Re: Pride Western Caribbean

Kris,
Aside from the fact that this is prime hurricane season the weather will be quite hot and humid, moreso in Belize. Definately bring and USE lots of strong sunscreen. I always carry a spritzer type bottle to cool off. I have this mister that is in a insulated container that you pump up and then turn on a fine mist, unbelieveable how many new friends I end up with somedays! <G> Now should the unfortunate happen and there be a hurricane in the area, the ship will just go to a differant intinerary, onew of the nice things about cruising over a land vacation.
Jim
Old February 26th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks RC! I am concerned that it will rain the entire trip! Have you been on this ship before?
Old February 27th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Robocop

Hi Kris, not on the Pride but we are sailing on her sister ship the Spirit this Sunday and Belize is one of the ports we will be visiting. Stay tuned for a couple reviews concerning both the ship(s) and the ports!
Jim
Old February 28th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

love to hear about belize and progresso (if you're going there) when you get back!
Old February 28th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Robocop

Mindy, will do on Belize but Progresso is not on the schedule for the Spirit. I CAN tell you that Progresso is close to Merida which is a neat city and also rather close to Chitzen Itza which is a wonderful ruins site. Our own Pamda is somewhere in that area this week and I am sure she will have reports as well when she returns.
Jim
Old March 1st, 2002, 06:58 PM
Passenger

thanks! we look forward to diving while in belize, hear it's some of the best in the world have fun on your cruise!
Old March 4th, 2002, 08:26 PM
kym

We are going on the Pride on 3/16/02. Is that your date/ ship? Noticed you mentioned diving. We are trying to find others to share charter boat expenses. If not... good diving and have an excellent trip!
Old March 8th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Passenger

We too are cruising on Pride - Sept 2002! Hopefully the skies will be sunny & clear.... I have read on another cruiser's web site of some people's accounts of cruising near hurricaines, and they said that it was'nt that bad.

There was some mention of being at rough seas for a day or so, and missing a port because they had to steer away from the hurricaine. They said that they served complimentary drinks on the lido deck for missing the port. This was'nt Carnival though..

For all of us involved, I hope our Sept 2002 cruise is SMOOTH SAILING all the way! Congratulations to the both of you! And have a wonderful honeymoon!