Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Pride & Topless SunDeck

I asked this earlier & got different answers. We like a topless sun deck because of the privacy and kid free. Carnival says there's a topless sun deck on the Pride. Yet, I've read many reviews and this deck is not being mentioned. Also, some people says there is a deck and others say there's not.
Has anyone seen a topless sun deck on the Pride? If so, what deck level was it located? Also, is it a very large area and was anyone using it?
thank you for any answers.
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2002, 06:04 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Pride & Topless SunDeck

I haven`t been on the Pride yet but on most Carnival Ships the topless deck is up high, right under the funnel.

Paul
Old February 27th, 2002, 06:35 PM
jeff_kulwicki

Jane, There is absolutely no topless tanning area on the Pride or Spirit. No private sunning areas other than your private balcony.
Old February 27th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Admiral

yea sure Jeff.....you just want to keep it a secret dont you? <G>
Old February 28th, 2002, 06:27 AM
First Mate

I didn't see any either. If you decided to tan topless around the funnel on the Spirit-class ships, the folks in the alternative dining restaurants would get an added show during their meal!!
Mike
Old February 28th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Admiral

Jane, we were on the "Pride" Jan. 19th. There is a deck area in front of the funnel that is used for sunbathing. I do not recall seeing any signs stating this was a "topless" area or not, but there was one lady that was using it for that one day(.No fellows, I was not rubbernecking, as my wife and were there prior to the other lady showing up).There were few people using this area all week from what I could see. It had a tendency to be very windy up there.
On the other Carnival ships there is a sign re/this deck advising no cameras, no kids,etc. but on this ship, as I stated, I don't recall seeing any sign, but it could have been there. Just kinda check it out when you get there. Like someone said, this is in front of Davids and although there wouldn't be people dining there during the day , a lot of people are always come through to check out the restaurant,etc.
I hope this helps.Enjoy your cruise, with or without your top!
Old March 6th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Ok, guys! I took Grampy up there last Week. Of course it was raining!!!! On the Pride, you go up to David's Supper Club which is in the funnel. Go to the Left or Right of the entry way and up a flight of stair. At the top of the stairs is a doorway and a sign, "Adults Only, no cameras allowed". There were plenty of lounge chairs stacked up, but the area certainly was not huge or one where "kids" would normally go. If you have your brochure, look at deck 11 and David's Supper Club Balcony and you will see the stairs and open square area at the opposite end from where the slide is located. You had to Look for it!
Have a marvelous cruise. My review should be posted on Member Reviews. If not, it is on cruisecritics too.
Bon Voyage
Old March 20th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Wayne
Default Re: Re: Carnival Pride & Topless SunDeck

There is topless sunbathing on the top deck by the funnel. There is even a sign posted about not allowing photography or anyone under 18.