Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2002, 10:48 AM
Yeoman

Default eating

Hi: I recently have been advised that I need to "modify" my diet. It's not twigs and berries but it is close. Will the standard menu available from Carnival have dinner selections that are the low or no fat type or do I have make a special request before I board? Thanks, Bob
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2002, 10:54 AM
Denny

Default Re: eating

Bob, I think you will find that each night there will be a low-fat and a vegetarian selection on the menu. Hey, get brave, have a steak or lobster tail one night. Enjoy your cruise.
Old March 4th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Yeoman

They had food in each course on the menu with a special symbol that stands for spa fare (it is lower calorie, fat, ect.) It is really good tasting, you will not feel like you are being deprived of the good cruise food. There is also a big salad bar in the casual buffet dining area.
Old March 4th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Marnie

Just a warning. The Nautical Spa menu selections are supposed to be healthy, but they are anything but low fat. They actually call Alfredo sauce healthy. The lobster tail is probably one of the healthiest options. Use common sense when selecting. You'll recognize healthy food better than Carnival will.

There is a salad bar, but on the Victory it was very small and had no fat-free dressing. I understand that they usually do have it though. The veggie burgers are great and they have frozen yogurt. Try stuff without a lot of sauce. Just remember, all the food is great. By choosing something healthy, you won't miss out on anything.

There are cold cereals and skim milk on the breakfast buffet, but for some reason, I couldn't get them to provide skim milk when I ordered room service. I always got whole milk.
Old March 4th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Yeoman

Thanks...I apprecaite the information. Will just have to be careful. Bob
Old March 4th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Admiral

I can't believe it, but I didn't gain much this cruise! On the Pride, there is always a salad, soup, vegetarian entre' and fish or chicken dish offered. The buffet stations also were great alternative to grazing on a straight line buffet. There was a fruit/salad bar, asian bar including sushi, plus a different ethnic menu each day and a Rotisserie station plus Pizza & Calzone and Hamburgers & Hot dogs. Ask for oil and vinegar or Honey Mustard Vinergarette dressing. They don't offer the vinergarette, so you have to ask in the dining room. They serve bread individually, so you won't be tempted to eat too much carbs. Deserts were not there strong point, so I mostly had Rainbow sherbert; Strawberry, orange & pineapple. It was great and refreshing. I never had to take a Pepcid either!
bon voyage
Old March 6th, 2002, 12:26 PM
Marnie

You'll probably be walking a lot. These ships are huge. Don't bother with the elevators if you can help it, they are extremely slow.

I don't know if you've been advised for or against exercise, but the track is great. I walked for hours; it's a great way to enjoy the open ocean (particularly at sunset). It didn't feel like exercise.