CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Any gay guys on 3/17/02 Destiny? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/187699-any-gay-guys-3-17-02-destiny.html)

chuck March 4th, 2002 01:51 AM

Any gay guys on 3/17/02 Destiny?

My lover and 2 other guys will be leaving from Atlanta on this cruise. Let us know if we have other family on board as well?

Rick March 4th, 2002 12:45 PM

Re: Any gay guys on 3/17/02 Destiny?

other family? lol...
Rick

Andrea March 4th, 2002 04:37 PM

Rick - that's a really rude and unnecessary comment.

Rick March 4th, 2002 06:26 PM

Sorry........nothing against gays. I even considered switching teams once <G>.......I just found the term Family used in that context amusing. But actually Andrea, I really don't care what you think. Have a nice day :)
Rick

Joe March 4th, 2002 09:28 PM

YES! My partner Kirk and I will be on the Destiny on March 17th! We are very excited....it is our first cruise. I think you may have replied to one of my other postings, Chuck. Maybe we can all meet up for a cocktail?

Oh, and Rick, I am not offended that you chuckled at the term "family".... I would rather that it amused you (it is rather amusing).

And thank you, Andrea for defending us :)

Feel free to email, me, Chuck, at jmkokopeli@hotmail.com.

Rick March 4th, 2002 11:53 PM

Thanks Joe....Have a great cruise
Rick

sue March 5th, 2002 02:34 PM

I don't have anything against the gays,but don't they have special ships and parties just for you all?

Joe March 5th, 2002 09:23 PM

Sue-

I am sorry that you feel that way... actually, you should know that my partner and I have a very large network of "straight" friends, which make up the vast majority of our social group. In fact, we are traveling with two of our "straight friends". So, when you make a comment like you just did, I do take offense to it.

I know that the best way for people to understand new things that they do not know about is through education, so here is an example of my point.... If you were a black woman (and maybe you are), how would you feel if I said you should be on a cruise for just "you people".

Come into the millenium and get to know some gay people, you might be surprised and also feel badly for the attitude you just displayed.

I hope you have a better understanding some day.

Joe March 5th, 2002 09:24 PM

Oh, and thanks, Rick, we are very much looking forward to our first cruise! Have a great day!

realman March 6th, 2002 12:24 PM

go to the gay section of the board. stay away from the straight section you fruit loop.

Paula March 6th, 2002 01:22 PM

Hi Joe and Kirk..
Its just me with my mouth hanging open after reading such remarks.. Just keep counting down your days.. Your almost there! Yippeee.. Have fun and dont forget to email me back with a cruise pic..

Your straight friend <evil grin>
Paula...

Rick March 6th, 2002 05:41 PM

Realman....you just think you are straight sweetie :)
Rick

chuck March 7th, 2002 10:16 AM

Rick,
Thanks for the reply. Glad to see not all people still live in the dark ages! :)
Take care,
Chuck

not rick or steve March 8th, 2002 12:34 AM

Cocktail? Oh my god. That beats "family" anyday. Please do us all a favor and fall overboard.

not rick or steve March 8th, 2002 12:41 AM

Joe......c'mon, gay is not a race or ethnicity. It's pure and simple an evolutionary relationship preference that eventually will dissolve to oblivion since the majority of homosexuals do not reproduce.
You're probably a very nice man, and productive in our society, but thank goodness you're not reproductive. Don't go trying to clone your fudge packin' ways now........Cloe would not approve.

Pluto April 12th, 2002 01:51 PM

I'm not gay but happy. Gays must be good at snorkling. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........this is fun!!!!!!!.......Spinning in my chair........Admit it you don't really have a wide circle of friends, rather a wide area....lol...........do gays have to pay a snorkling charge even if they don't leave the ship....WEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee............lol...... ....click click click....omg they posted this............WWEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! !!!

Pluto April 12th, 2002 01:54 PM

Re: Re: Any gay guys on 3/17/02 Destiny?

lol "social group" you make it sound like a pod of dolphins. Admit it you don't have friends just phony ppl around you that tolerate/use you. Weeeeeeeeeee. this is fun

Pluto April 12th, 2002 01:56 PM

is it true that gays have to go through a spanking gaunlet before boarding.? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Gosh April 19th, 2002 03:39 PM

Re: Re: Any gay guys on 3/17/02 Destiny?

Why do people have to announce that they're gay? Who cares really? We straight people don't go around broadcasting our sexual preferences.