Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2002, 07:26 AM
First Mate

Default Problems With Birth Certificate?

Hi All,

We are about to go and apply for our
Passports and I seen that there was some
discrepancies in my birth certificate.
First, the hospital staff wrote over a
letter in my last name on two occasions
due to a misspelling. Second, they listed
my fathers birthplace as the same as my
mothers which was not correct. Do you see
any problems applying for a passport? Should
I fill the application out per my birth
certificate or with the correct info?

Thanks

George
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Default Re: Problems With Birth Certificate?

You don't say, but it sounds like that is a hospital birth certificate. You must have a raise seal state birth certificate for a passport. That wouldn't have and write overs. Other info wouldn't be noticed much.
Old March 4th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Marnie

Definitely get the State Issued with the raised seal. Get 2 while your at it. When you apply for the passport, they'll keep one. It's not difficult to get the state issued one. You can look on your state's website to find the location. You might even be able to simply order it over the internet. It shouldn't cost more than $5 a piece. If you travel anywhere outside the US, you'll need either the State Issued birth certificate or passport.
Old March 4th, 2002, 02:43 PM
First Mate

George.

I had a problem with the birth certificate I had too. It had no raised seal! I was in a panic although my cruise is not 'till the end of this month.

I went to the web page for the Board of Health in the state I was born in ... and was directed to the NYC page, since that is where I was born.

I did it all on-line and since you have a copy already - you have the certificate number making it easy for them to find.

You fill in the info and pay by credit card- I paid the extra 16.00 for fed-ex. I had my new birth certificate with 2 raised seals in 2 days!!

It was so easy.

Look online for the state you were born in and you should find a page where you can do this online.

deja
Old March 6th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Jerry & Ginny

We just checked with the folks at the courthouse about surrendering your birth certificate when applying for a passport. Here's the deal. When you apply for the passport they take your birth certificate. However, the birth certificate is mailed back to you with your new passport. So unless you have an uncontrollable urge to spend the money for the extra birth certificate, it's really not necessary to get one.
J&G
Old March 19th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Marnie

Default Re: Re: Problems With Birth Certificate?

Those little snakes kept mine. I had to get another. But that was a couple years ago. Maybe they return it now.