Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2002, 11:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Atlantis day pass?

Want to go to Atlantis while in port from 7am-2pm and thinking of just booking a night with my amex membership reward points so that we can have full use of the facilities (pools, aquarium, slides, etc....) Or is there another way to gain access?
Sponsored Links
Old March 9th, 2002, 07:14 AM
shea

Default Re: Atlantis day pass?

I wish I knew, but from what i here in order to get into the pools or waterslides you have to be a guest. Are you going on the Paradise? We are on Apr 14th. Can't wait!
Old March 9th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Len

I had read somewhere that the Comfort Suites? Not sure if that is the correct chain (check with your TA) which is within walking distance of the Atlantis has 'day use' rooms you can reserve and will also give you full access to the Atlantis facilities. IMO that may be more economical than booking a room right at the Atlantis for only a few hours.
Old March 10th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Yeoman

When I was in Paradise Island I paid $25.00 for a day pass to Atlantis. I would check to see if they still offer it. It was well worth the money. I hope this helps.
Old March 11th, 2002, 02:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Linda, it was my understanding that the $25 pass only got you admission to the grounds and the "Dig", but did not entitle you to use of the pools and beach. What was your experience?
Old March 11th, 2002, 03:38 AM
Len

The $25 fee DOES NOT give you full access to the resorts pools and beach you have to be a guest. Security will check to see if you have a 'wrist band' that the hotel guests are issued if you try to enter the pool area. I know since I was just there in January.
Old March 15th, 2002, 05:11 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

FYI, I found this thread to be of particular interest since we're traveling to Nassau on the Fantasy in August (our first ever cruise), with four kids between the ages of 8 and 12. On a lark, I thought I'd check out the comment above re: Comfort Suites by looking up comfort suites online.

I gotta tell ya - that appears to be the tip of the century! I don't know if links work in this forum, but here's what I found:

http://www3.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?sid=he7Wi.2tXVhF$x0.3&hotel=BS003&sname= Paradise+Island&state=&scountry=BS&sradius=40.22&s lat=25.0805&slon=-77.3141&schain=A&exp=

Indeed, comfort inn guests DO have full access to Atlantis! And kids under 15 stay FREE in parents' rooms! YIP-EEEEEE!!!
Old March 19th, 2002, 11:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Atlantis day pass?

I e-mailed the Comfort Suites on Paradise Island today to find out if indeed they have some kind of day pass so that you can use the Atlantis faciltiies and they do not; you have to book a room for the night. However, even though check-in isn't until 3 p.m. and the Paradise, for one, is gone by then, you may show up at the front desk and check in and get your ID cards so that you can head on over to Atlantis across the street and start having fun. We stayed at CS two years ago and it was the only way to go--it was great! Our girls loved Atlantis so I'm sure they're going to want to do this again. The rate I got for June was $166.50 per night, plus 12% tax, plus a 6.50 fee per day per person. It comes out to $212+ for the day, so I'm not sure it's worth it. We would only want to snorkel on Blue Lagoon and would have our own equipment.
Old March 22nd, 2002, 04:07 PM
Beginner

Hmmm . .. your post has me somewhat worried.

I also called the Comfort Suites to find out more about renting a room there as a cost-effective alternative to gaining admission to Atlantis. We're travelling in August and the AAA rate I saw was $155 (before taxes & fees). As we'd be a party of 6, that proved a quite modest alternative, as even if the total price went to $200, we'd incur only $33 per person.

Unfortunately, the CS rooms do not accomodate parties of more than 5. I was told I'd have to speak directly with the manager of the facility. When I did so, he was able to make arrangements for our party of 6 to have what we sought for $125, and even said there'd be someone to meet us at the boat! I'm not sure we actually "booked a room" though -- so I'm not sure how it's going to work.

I can't say we've been "scammed" because no credit information was exchanged, and we haven't put out any money . . . yet. I suppose if we show up on the pier having not booked an excursion and find noone from the Comfort Suites to meet us -- we'll be a bit put out. I figured I'd simply call the hotel back closer to our departure time to confirm the arrangements. Here's hoping!