Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2002, 11:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Victory Family Cabins?

Has anyone ever stayed in the 6E family suites on the Destiny class ships. Is the extra space worth it for a family of 5.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2002, 07:38 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Victory Family Cabins?

We have stayed in 6E twice. However we only had 4 people. How are they saying you will fit 5? We had two twins, converting sofa that converts to a twin and a pull down from the ceiling. Which made the sofa anfdpull down look like bunk beds. We loved this category because you just walked past the most 10 rooms and you go out the door to the pool deck. The floor to ceiling window is beautiful but a bit deceptive. It slants in, it does not go straight up and down. We were unable to get this category for our next one in 5 weeks. We only booked it 2 weeks ago. We will believe it or not be on the first level. We hope we don't go into shock! However we got two rooms which will double our space we had in the 6E cat. Cat 6E is wonderful but I would be a little concerned with 5 people. Good luck.
Old March 11th, 2002, 11:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

They said that a rollaway bed is put in the cabin. It sounds tight but they do the same thing in some of the category 6 Cabins. I was hoping that the extra space in the 6E would be helpful.

Thanks
Old March 13th, 2002, 06:09 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Victory Family Cabins?

I would check out the size of the cabins. I am almost possitive that the 6E and the 6A cat. rooms are the same size(220 sq ft.). The balcony cabins are actualy smaller on the inside because (about 185 sq. ft) because of the balcony. Call 1-800-CARNIVAL and they can tell you. It will be very tight withthe rollaway especially since I mentioned the windoew in the 6E slants in. I just want to give you info not bum you out. Remeber no matter where one is the can have fun!
Old March 16th, 2002, 06:54 AM
jaym

Default Re: Re: Re: Victory Family Cabins?

I would not pay the extra money. The cat. 6E cabins are (230 sqft) and the 6A and 6B cabins are 220. You will have to use a rollaway in any cabin for 5. If I were you I would book a 6A gty and you could get a 6E or even a Balcony or even a suite and save the money. I have also been told that the 6E cabins the floor to ceiling window slant into the cabin and you loose space anyway because of the window. I have a cat. 6A GTY. for 5 booked on the Victory on 6/02. Hope this helps.
Old March 16th, 2002, 10:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the information. It really helped because I thought the 6E cabins were a lot larger than the others. I don't think its worth the extra money for only 10 square feet.