Old March 13th, 2002, 04:07 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via Yahoo to Mark
Default Sunday Mass

I am planning a 4 night cruise on the Triumph in August. Does anyone know if there is a chapel on board where I can attend Sunday Mass?
Old March 13th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Robocop

Default Re: Sunday Mass

Mark, the Triumph does not have a chapel onboard. Only the new Spirit class ships have a chapel among the CCL ships. Even then, there is no official service but you are invited to worship privately in whatever manner fits your religion. I happened to discuss this matter last week onboard the Spirit and inquired why they is not a service there on Sundays for those that wish. The reply was, "why Sunday? Not all religions observe the Sabbeth on that day, Also, what religion would you suggest that would not offend someone of a differant faith by placing one religion over another?" All great points that I didn't think of off-hand. CCL and others must be very cautious not to present any appearance of a preferred religion over any other. There are so many nationalities and differant faiths onboard that they just could not hire a priest or whatever to fit all religions.
Jim
Old March 16th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Eric
Default Re: Sunday Mass

Found your question interesting as well as your first response. In 1988, we went on the Holiday out of Miami (leaving Saturday) and did the Western Caribbean route. Not only did they have a Sunday Mass, but a daily Mass and had a Christian interdenomination Service on Sunday. The Sunday Mass and the one weekday Mass that we went to were well attended. I am not sure when Carnival dropped this service. I would think that even with a very diverse clientele who sails on the ship, Carnival could look into at least one interdenominational service.