Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2002, 03:18 PM
Beginner

Default Early or late dining guarantee?

I was told when we booked our cruise with Carnival directly that we were "listed" for late dining. Now that our cruise documents have been delivered we see that we aren't guaranteed anything. What is your experience? Do you normally get what you ask for?Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2002, 03:21 PM
Len

Default Re: Early or late dining guarantee?

Your dining reservations/request are NOT printed anywhere on the docs. Your listed on your booking for the requested time. I never had a prob. not getting the seating I wanted, however if you do not get it IMMEDIATELY go to the dining room and request a change. You may have to attend the assigned seating first night and the change will take effect the following day.
Old March 21st, 2002, 03:43 PM
Admiral

Carnival does not guarantee your dining time request. However, as mentioned, if when you board and the seating is given to you at that time, if it is not what you requested, do seek out the Maitre de and asked to be changed. We asked for late and that is what we received. There were lots of empty seats in the main dining room too at late seating for 2/23 on the Pride.
Bon voyage
Old March 22nd, 2002, 08:34 PM
Admiral

We were on the inaugural sailing of the Pride on 12/30/01. We booked the cruise within 2 weeks of when it was first offered for sale. We requested late seating. We, along with more than 300 other people, didn't get our request. We talked with the maitre d', the assistant maitre d', the purser, etc., but to no avail. Apparently there were so many Carnival employees and invitees on board who were all scheduled for late seating that those of us who had paid for our cruises were just out of luck. I do think, however, that this was an unusual circumstance due to the inauguration of the ship. But it has influenced my thinking as far as being the "first" on any new ship again.
jennifer
Old March 22nd, 2002, 08:46 PM
Len

Default Re: Re: Early or late dining guarantee?

Well Jennifer, sorry to hear that you were disappointed in not getting your requested dining time, but I also sailed on the PRIDE during the first few weeks she went into service, and I got the late seating as I 'requested' no problem. I also have not had any problem on any other Carnival ships as far as getting the dining I wanted. Guess just goes to show we don't live in a 'perfect' world...eh?
Old March 24th, 2002, 08:43 PM
Admiral

Len,
I agree, the world's not perfect. Lucky that cruising is about as close to perfect as you can get! ! Not getting late seating certainly didn't ruin our cruise, but it IS important enough to us that, now that we understand the number of "honored guests" that can be expected on an inaugural cruise, we'll probably book a few sailings down the pike for any new ship in the future. Loved the Pride! She's beautiful.
jennifer