CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Best time to arrive at Port Canaveral (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/187901-best-time-arrive-port-canaveral.html)

Cindy March 22nd, 2002 10:04 AM

Best time to arrive at Port Canaveral

When is best time to get to port to advoid the long lines. Fantasy leaves at 4:30

boatride lover March 22nd, 2002 12:40 PM

Re: Best time to arrive at Port Canaveral

We have sailed out of Port Canaveral twice, and will do so for a third time in October. Both times we were at the port by 11:00, and stood in long lines!! I personally don't mind it - I'd rather be standing in a long line at the terminal than just sitting at home watching the clock, but for those people who want to avoid the long lines, I would not get to the port at least before 1:00. That way, everyone who was at the port early, should have already made their way onto the ship since embarkation starts at noon. We had a great time on the Fantasy, and look forward to sailing on her again in October. I hope you have a great time!!

Len March 22nd, 2002 02:34 PM

I got to Pt. Canaveral about 11:30 for our Pride cruise in January. We were 'whisked' right thru...filled out our customs cards, waited in line about 15-20 minutes, checked-in and got our 'sail and sign' cards for the photo ID process and were on board by 12:30! There were lines, however Carnival was staffed accordingly to handle a sold out ship! Have fun!!!

glenda March 22nd, 2002 04:13 PM

Re: Re: Best time to arrive at Port Canaveral

When on the fantasy, what beaches did you go to if any in freeport area?

lynn March 23rd, 2002 05:04 PM

Boatride Lover.....I noticed you were on the Sensation ......In a nutshell, how did you enjoy this cruise and how would you rank it against all the others? We're going on the Sensation in April. Thx. Lynn

boatride lover March 23rd, 2002 05:47 PM

We loved the Sensation!! The Fantasy-class ships are our absolute favorite - that's why we are sailing on the Fantasy for the 2nd time in October. Grand Cayman and Cozumel were nice, but nothing compared to sailing up and down the Mississippi River; that was really fascinating. I was amazed at how blue the gulf waters were, and then as you entered the Mississippi River, you saw that beautiful water turn to that "Mississippi Mud". And then as you exited the River again heading back to Tampa, the water turned to that blue/green again. There are some really great sights to look at while sailing on the Mississippi. While in New Orleans, we sat on an open deck and just watched the Delta Queen boats, etc. go paddling by us - really beautiful!! In a nutshell, it was a great cruise!!

Linda March 24th, 2002 05:57 PM

I'll be sailing on the Fantasy April 21st, can't wait! Thanks for the info

Thomas March 25th, 2002 01:43 PM

Been on the Fantasy several times and I would advise to either get there before 11:00 or after 2:30 p.m. We got there about 1:00 last trip and the line was down the escalator and out to the front door. It took us only an hour to get checked in though, but the line behind us at 2:00 was only about 25 people long. If you don't mind standing in line and/or get uptight about last minute timing you should get there earlier. Remember, it's a vacation and you are going to have a good time.

Regards,
Thomas