Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2002, 04:07 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sissybug
Default Obstructed view cabins on Spirit

Hi, my mom and I have a french door/obstructed view cabin on the Spirit(May 3 Honolulu to Vancouver). I was wondering HOW obstructed are these views and if anyone has an idea as to the noise level on Main Deck cabin 4117. Thanks!

Shelly
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Wayne
Default Re: Obstructed view cabins on Spirit

We did not stay in these cabins but they looked pretty obstructed from the deck below. They do not appear to have a balcony but they do have doors that open to let in the fresh air. If you have the chance to upgrade the balcony rooms are great. On this ship from the handrail down is all glass and you can sit and watch the islands and wave pass by. Many balcony styled ships are closed in below the handrail meaning that if you want a view you have to stay standing.
Old March 25th, 2002, 11:53 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sissybug

Thanks for the info. I am just happy for some sunlight and fresh air. I am certain it is better than the cheapest inside cabin that I paid for:>

Shelly
Old March 26th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Passenger

Sissybug,

We were on the Spirit in Novembet 2001. Orginially booked a 5A and upgraded to 8D, then was graciously given an 8I (lg. bal). Went into one of the cabins in 5A. Loved the look of the french doors. But as the post above says....you face a lifeboat directly in front of you and NO balcony. Yes, the fresh air is nice, but be warned......crew workers are always working on those lifeboats and doing drills. So they can look right into your room. I wouldn't go away and leave the french doors opened or unlocked. Just a word of caution.
Old March 29th, 2002, 11:38 PM
judie

We just returned from the Spirit.We had Cat 5a cabin 4122.We were between life boats so we could at least look out and see the water,not much else.We paid less than the original quote for an inside so we were okay with it.The fresh air is nice and it is nice to wake up to some light in the a.m.Any other questions,feel free to ask....Judie