Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Passenger

Default Carnival Pride

Sailing on the Pride July 27, can't wait!! Category 8A. I was told by my t/a that that I may get an upgrade when I check in. Should I request room now or wait? I am concerned where my room will be on the ship because of the rocking and rolling. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Pride

If this is your first cruise or you have any concern about motion, you should always choose your cabin. From your statement, it sounds like you paid for a category guarantee. The lowest cabin you will get will be anywhere within a Cat. 8A. Like you mentioned, this also could be in an undesirable area. There was little motion felt on the Pride. What was felt was vibration at the stern escpecially at 20 knots or more in the dining room. I would ask your TA now, what the price is and what cabin is available in Cat. 8 A, then you can make your choice. If you choose a cabin number, then your chances for an upgrade are limited, but your piece of mind is secure. Many people get just what they pay for.
Bon Voyage
Old March 26th, 2002, 01:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Janette,
The problem I had was that rates had dropped for my particular sailing, and I wanted to be refunded the difference in upgrades instead of a refund. I originally had a category 8A and I wanted an extended balcony. So Carnival agreed. I got an 8C category guarantee. but they would not assign me a cabin in 8C category, so I could have been "upgraded" right out of my extended balcony! I called TA back and instead just got an assigned cabin, and paid for an additional upgrade, So now I am in cabin 8226 on the panorama deck, category 8i, which was only 41.00 pp
Great news and I have got my extended balcony, now my only worry is I inadvertently picked a cabin right underneath the 24hour pizzeria (Mermaids grill)!
Sigh, I give up
Old March 26th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Jannelle

My husband and I are also going in the 7/27 sailing. This will be his first cruise and I am very excited for him to go. I have sailed Carnival before (two other times). We have a guarantee also. I have heard from other family members who have sailed the Pride in February that the cabins are nice anywhere except for the back of the ship. They did not feel any motion at all.
Old March 26th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Pride

I talked to my t/a about my concern and she said that when she called Carnival they told her they won't have a room number for me until my documents are mailed to her. She told me I could change my room location then. My concern now is the documents are mailed only two weeks prior to departure. Isn't that a litttle to late?
Old March 26th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Pride

Janette, something is wrong with what I am reading from you. Only cabin guarantees are assigned that close to sailing. That is your option to purchase this way as it increases your chance of an upgrade. It definetly does not guarantee an upgrade. Your travel agent is either not explaining this properly to you, or does not want to bother getting an assigned cabin number at your additional expense. You need to decide if you want to know where your cabin is now, then ask/tell your TA to get you an assigned cabin number and you will pay for it. When you wait until your tickets are issued, the majority of cabins have been assigned and chosen. The chance for a desirable cabin that is remaining is minimal.

To the lady in 8229 under the Mermaid's Pizzeria. This area is not open 24hrs and it part of the Mermaids buffet restaurant towards the stern of the pool. Any noise overhead may be that of early risers who would move chairs in the buffet area. Honestly, I don't think you will encounter a problem. We were in #8149 just under the pool deck, and had a daily wake up of the lounge chairs being put down every morning at 7 a.m. It only lasted about 5 minutes and it was time to get up anyway most mornings. The Panorama deck is great; close to pools & outside decks, gym, spa, buffet, bars, Davids, etc.
Bon Voyage
Old March 28th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Nanatravel, I was really worried that I would be directly under a noisy pizzeria!
Old March 28th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Passenger

My Wife and I sailed on the Pride last week and IT WAS GREAT!!! We we had an outside cabin on the Panorama Deck and we could not hear any noises from the Lido Deck, which includes the Mermaid Grill and pizzeria. We were also very pleased with the ride. On the way back from Belieze we encounted 41 mph winds and rough seas and we could barely feel any movement at all. For anyone who is concerned that they maybe getting a bad cabin, put your fears to rest. The Pride is a great ship, with a great crew and we can assure you, you will not be disappointed.

Happy sailing!!! :-)