Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2002, 08:38 PM
Luvstheocean

Default Good Cabin Chose/Paradise?

Going to the eastern carribean on the Paradise on 5/26 and have an oceanview cabin on the Main deck (center of ship)....has anyone had one of these cabins and how was it? What kind of window will we have...porthole or window? Also, I'm taking my 16 year old daughter. Does anyone know if there is a good program for this age of teen that is well supervised, etc.?

This is my first time on a nonsmoking ship and I'm looking forward to THAT!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2002, 08:54 PM
cruisinbunny

Default Re: Good Cabin Chose/Paradise?

Slightly off the topic, but my boyfriend and I will also be sailing with you that week- we're both very excited. :o)
(..From what I remember, there were limited activites for 16 year olds through Camp Carnival, but I imagine your daughter will find other teens on the ship and will keep herself busy)
Old April 5th, 2002, 09:06 AM
niecie

hey!! we'll be going on the same cruise and we have 3 teens (all Christians!!)-ages 13, 16 and 17....i'm sure they'll find each other.... don't know about the cabins as this will be our first cruise...i'm sure it'll fine and you'll have a blast...c'ya there!!!
Old April 5th, 2002, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Your cabin will have a window that is about 3x3 ft. I have stayed in simuliar cabins many times and they are great. You will be fairly close to the water but no so close as to have your window splashed with spray. All cabins on this ship are the same size except for the upper suites so you should be quite happy with it as they are very large compared to other ships in other cruiselines. As for your 16 yr old. Camp Carnival is geared more towards the younger kids but we have found that the older ones want to go off on their own anyway with kids close to their own age. I have no doubt that she will find a large number of new best friends and have a great time.
Jim

Old April 5th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Passenger

Just returned and I was also on the main floor but more towards the back. The window is large and wonderful. I took a 15 & 16 year old on board and they found plenty to do and lots of new friends at the Rex Night Club.
Old April 5th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Luvstheocean

Thanks everyone! To those of you going on this same cruise...see you there shipmates! Glad to hear of other Christian teens on this cruise, by daughter met three new friends on a Norwegian cruise last summer and they all email, write and call each other today and consider each other great friends. We're in Oklahoma and they are in California, Virginia and Toronto!
Old April 5th, 2002, 07:19 PM
Luvstheocean

Default Re: Re: Good Cabin Chose/Paradise?

Neicie,

Are your teens boys or girls? My daughter is a sophomore this year.
Old April 5th, 2002, 10:48 PM
TomS

I was on the Paradise on March 3. My cabin was inside on Main deck (M136). All cabins except those forward have picture windows. The cabins that have portholes on Main deck are M1 through M30 except M6, M9, M12, M16, M17, M19, M20, and M25 through M28 (those are inside cabins). You indicated you were around mid-ships so you should have a nice picture window. One thing to watch for are the elevators. The mid-ships elevator does not go higher than the Promenade deck, and you can not get to the Elation dining room from the aft elevator, or the Destiny dining room from the forward or md-ships elevators. If you keep that in mind when going to dinner or the pool, you will have a great expierence.
Old April 10th, 2002, 09:40 AM
niecie

Hi!! My teens are 13, 16, & 17 and they are so excited.. this is their first cruise...looking foward to meeting your teen on board...

Only 6 wks to go!!!
niecie