Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Miami port hotel

We are on the Triumph out of Miami this fall, and I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Best Western Marina Park, which is supposed to be across from the docks. Also, are there restaurants and shopping nearby? Is it a nice area? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2002, 01:22 PM
shea

Default Re: Miami port hotel

I will be staying there this weekend before our cruise, i'll let you know when I return.
Old April 9th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Admiral

Joe, it is across the street from the Bayside marketplace which has dozens of resturants and shops etc. We have stayed there and enjoyed it very much so. Downtown Miami isn't what i would call a great area to take an evening stroll but you will be fine walking across the street to the Bayside Marketplace.
Jim

Old April 9th, 2002, 08:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Miami port hotel

Thank you, Shea, I appreciate it! Have a great trip!
Old April 9th, 2002, 08:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Miami port hotel

Thank you for your reply, Jim I very much appreciate it!
Old April 10th, 2002, 08:38 PM
First Mate

We stayed there the night before and after our cruise last summer. Found it in my AAA book and was delighted with the find. Doing the same next month before sailing on the Paradise on 5/26. The information in other posts is correct about the Bayside area, which is an indoor/outdoor shopping district with many restaurants that are directly across the street. We felt very safe going back and forth even after dark as things are well lit and there are plently of families visiting this great spot. They have great easy listening/60's/70's music in outdoor concerts at night, which are free and some couples do dance! Lots of terrific restaurants to choose from (Hard Rock is there, Bubba Gump Shrimp...etc.) There is also a fun and inexpensive Harbor ride on a double decker boat to an island off the Miami port where the "elite and wealthy" have homes. You also pass by cruise ships docked nearby. The cost was about $12.00 pp and the ride lasted about an hour. They have drinks on board for purchase. Quite nice.

The hotel room was nicer than the typical Best Western as it is a hotel not motel.. they do have a restaurant but we didn't try it. Also had a little gift store with snacks items, drinks etc. Good Bell service and elevators. All indoor corridor rooms.

Have a great time where ever you decide! Hope this information helps.
Old April 10th, 2002, 10:07 PM
Admiral

I also recommend the Best Western Marina Park. We stayed there for 3 nights in December before our Pride cruise. Call them direct and book that way. You'll save over what they quote you at the 800 Best Western reservation number.