Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Mary Ann

Default day earlier arrival to port canaveral

We are arriving on Friday for a Saturday departure out of Port Canaveral on the Pride. We already priced a cab. It is over $100. The shuttle dosen't run that day. Do you know of any other way to get to a Port Canaveral hotel. Do you also know if their is a Rent a Car site at the pier or near it. Also, any hotel suggestion in the area. We would like to be near the pier so we could arrive there a little early on Saturday morning. If you have any suggestions we would love to hear them. Thanks

Happy Sailing.

Mary Ann
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: day earlier arrival to port canaveral

Why not stay over night in Orlando......You can get transfers (30 pp roundtrip thru CarnivaL for the shuttle bus..leaves for Port C around 11pm, I think.
Old April 11th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Admiral

I always fly into Orlando the night prior and stay there by the airport - you can get the hotel shuttle to the Carnival bus point for free - then the transfer is $30 per person round trip. AND hotels are cheaper in the orlando area (because they're more plentiful). I am staying in a 4 star hotel for $45 (courtesy of Priceline.com). I show up at the airport at noon on the day of departure and get on the bus.
Old April 11th, 2002, 03:29 PM
First Mate

We are arriving a day earlier and staying at the Radisson which is close to the port. They have a special promotion, if when you call to make your reservation, you give the Prom Code of "FALL" you get a room for $59/night. I think there is either an Avis or Hertz on site there where you can drop off your rental, then get the hotel shuttle to the pier. Have a great cruise.
Old April 11th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Passenger

Mary-Ann , we just got back from The Pride last Saturday. 32 of us stayed at the Cocoa Beach Hilton for $99.00 a room ocean front. We took Cocoa Beach Shuttle from Orlando to the Hotel for $20.00 p/p. Sorry I do not have the number but 1-800-555-1515 for the 800 number for it. They run a shuttle every 2hrs. from 9:00am-7:00pm. Hope this helps!
Old April 12th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Avis has a rental agency right at the Radisson hotel, who will shuttle you both ways to their hotel and the port. before and after the cruise.
Bon Voyage
Old April 16th, 2002, 09:38 PM
DonnaB

We just got back on 4/13 from a cruise on the Pride. We arrived a day early and stayed at the Radisson at Port Canaveral. Like Debbie, we used the "fall" promotion code and got the room for $59.00. We took the Cocoa beach shuttle to the Radisson for $20 each and then took the free shuttle to the port in the morning. I don't know how much a rental car would be for a day through Avis but if it's a good deal I would do it. It's hard to walk to anything from the Radisson. It's on a very busy road and not much sidewalk.