Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Southern Girl

Default PRIDE-PANORAMA DECK

We have a cabin on the Panorama deck (right below the LIDO deck). Has anyone out they stayed on this deck? Was it noisy? Was your balcony private from above? Thanks to anyone who can help.
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2002, 04:58 PM
First Mate

Default Re: PRIDE-PANORAMA DECK

Hi,

I was on the Spirit on the Panorama deck, right below the lido. We were in cabin 8180 which was considered Panorama Forward but was actually just the beginning of a mid-ship location.

I have to tell you - I was surprised at how quiet it was from above.

On occasion while out on the balcony we could hear the occasional chair drag across the floor from above or the occasional click of someone's heels. It was not intrusive or annoying at all and it was infrequent.

We thought it was a great location. The balcony was one of the extended sized ones and we spent quite a bit of time out there enjoying it.

The balcony is totally private from above. Our cabins were inset a little and even if someone could look over the railing from above (I think above us was the inside portion of the Lido with the tables and windows) they wouldn't have been able to see down onto our balcony. It was very private.

Hope this helps as I understand the Pride deck plans are almost identical to the Spirit's.

deja

Carnival Triumph

booking soon - 10th anniversary cruise in August....
Old April 21st, 2002, 07:19 PM
Southern Girl

Default Re: Re: PRIDE-PANORAMA DECK

Thanks a bunch! I feel much better now. Sailing the 27th and I have never known time to move soooo slooow!
Old April 22nd, 2002, 11:35 AM
Passenger

Southern Girl,

We just got off the Pride on April 20th. We had a great week. Our cabin # was 8150. We did hear the lounge chairs every morning being set out on the lido deck between 6 - 7:00 AM, but we had no trouble going back to sleep. Most mornings we wanted to get up then anyway. The balcany had 2 chairs and a small table on it. The partitions, you couldn't see through and there was an overhang so no one could look down from above. You won't get much sun sitting on your balcany, but the sunset was beautiful.

If you have nay other questions you can email me.

I hope you have a good week.

Ronda
gssd@midmaine.com
Old April 22nd, 2002, 03:48 PM
Admiral

We were on the Pride, starboard side, Cabin #8149 with the same effects. We would have a 7a.m. "moving of the lounges" above us but it only lasted about 5 minutes and it was usually time to get up anyway. Great location to go to the Mermaids buffetr, spa & gym pool areas, etc. Now our tablemates who were down the hall complained about the music and dancing noise from above on deck. Elevators weren't too far down the hall either forward or mid-ship. Balcony's were 60 SF but did not seem that much larger than the regular 40 SF we have had on other ships. The cabin size at 185 ft. was great. No one is able to look down upon your balcony.
Bon Voyage
Old April 23rd, 2002, 10:02 AM
Admiral

I was on the Pride in 6135 and could see onto the balcony below me on level 5. It extended out further than the other deck balconies. I thought at the time I would recall this upon my next booking and make sure to avoid level 5.

Regards,
Thomas