Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2002, 09:50 AM
Beginner

Default Conflicting info on bringing wine/champagne?

Hi All!
I've gotten conflicting stories on bringing wine/champagne. How many bottles may I bring per person?
And how do I get the lower "guaranteed low price" now that the price of my cabin has dropped?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2002, 03:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Conflicting info on bringing wine/champagne?

Jack, there is really no limit on the amount of wine you may bring onboard but common sense would limit it to no more than say 5 bottles, anything above that would indicate a problem IMHO. <VBG> There is a corkage fee of $10 per bottle if you bring it to the dining room for dinner. It costs nothing to open the bottle in your room. It is considered tacky to drink it elsewhere in public.
As for the 'lower rate'. First you need to make sure that you are entitled to the lower fare and that it isn't a special run for certain residents, new bookings only, or group rates some other agent has that your agent doesn't, and that you are outside of the cancellation penalty time limits which is 70 days on a 7 day cruise. If everything is fine then you need to contact your TA and tell him/her you want the new cheaper rates. If they refuse then you can just book elsewhere. Be surprised how cooperative some TA's suddenly become when faced with that option. Most TA's are very good and will gladly help you out with the lower rates.
Jim

Old April 22nd, 2002, 04:29 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Conflicting info on bringing wine/champagne?

Problem indeed! For a first cruise, a drunken stupor won't leave much room to soak in the experience! ! Thanks! BTW, I really enjoy your signature.