Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2002, 07:36 PM
Passenger

Default Refrigerators on Spirit Class ships

We are sailing on the Carnival Legend in November. We have read that there is a refrigerator in the cabins. We have a Catagory 8C room. Are there refrigerators in all rooms? If so, is there any additional charge if you use them?

lp
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2002, 08:49 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Refrigerators on Spirit Class ships

I was on the Spirit in a Cat 8I . There was a locked refrigerator that the cabin steward will open for you as soon as you can contact him.

It was stocked with small bottles of wine, liquor, coke, sprite, ginger ale, pretzels, cashews, pringles... candy bars- snack items. There was a charge for them and when consumed, replaced quickly.

I can't remember the exact charge for the items, but to me they didn't seem any more expensive than if you had picked them up in a convenience store. The little liquor/wine bottles averaged about $4.00 each.

I needed room in the refrigerator for medication and needed it unlocked right away. There was no problem at all. We paged the cabin steward as soon as we got to the room and he was promptly there with the key.

I moved some things out to make room for my meds and left them on the counter so he could see they were there, just not consumed.

You can move all the items out if you wish and leave them on the counter above and put whatever you wish into it. We also brought along bottled water and kept it cold in there.

Have a great cruise!
deja

Carnival Triumph

booking soon - 10th anniversary cruise in August....
Old April 22nd, 2002, 03:24 PM
Admiral

No charge for using it, just don't touch any of the drinks and stuff inside or they will charge you for them and they can be pretty expensive. We just moved them aside for the one or two things we needed to keep in their.
Jim

Old April 24th, 2002, 03:08 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Wayne

Yes there are refrigerators in catagory 8 rooms. All the info you need is correct in the other posts. We sailed on the Spirit March 3,