Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2002, 06:54 AM
Passenger

Default CruiseMates Saves Life on the Paradise

Hi folks,

We just left the Paradise less than 48 hours ago and had a great time!!!!

A CruiseMates member (Leanne) saved my life on this cruise. "I" forgot to pack the wife's hair dryer! A recipe for disaster.

I was explaining this, on board the Paradise to a friend, and this gal says she overheard our conversation and that she read on CruiseMates that I might be able to get one at the Purser's desk. Sure enough my problem was solved.

Plus a great new friendship was born and we are hoping to visit them soon. A Big Thanks to CruiseMates Leanne & Glenn.

Doggie n Sal
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2002, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: CruiseMates Saves Life on the Paradise

Hey Doggie,
Glad to hear you didn't have a major disaster, nice story too. I thought they had hairdryers on the ship?

Since you've been back a few days, have that next cruise booked yet?

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 23rd, 2002, 11:29 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: CruiseMates Saves Life on the Paradise

Hi Donna,

If the wife and I had our way we'd still be on the Paradise for the western leg of the Caribbean. The info we heard was the manifest list for this western leg was 600 guests short. So with your expertise in these matters how would one go about finding and/or purchasing this cruise in advance or on the other hand if you were aboard and your plans were flexible could you negotiate a price and remain on board (most of us can't but someone may be able too)?

My brother just returned from a cruise on Carnival (western Carib, Belize, can't remember which ship) and they did have hair dryers, but our stateroom was on the Paradise, Empress deck and we didn't have one.

Ready to cruise again!!! Hopefully with our new friends, Leanne and Glenn. And now I'm hooked on CruiseMates.

Thanks,
Doggie

PS, Really like your animated gif "Donna". Gonna try to whip one up for me. Any hints?
Old April 23rd, 2002, 02:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Doggie,

Happy to hear CruiseMates info turned into a real life assistance. Glad you enjoyed the Paradise. I'm not allowed to be in the same city as that ship.

We're pleased you got directed to us,and hope you join in and post often, and enjoy the CruiseMates community.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 23rd, 2002, 07:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Doggie,
I did hear of cruiselines offering an additional week later last year, when people will still uneasy about cruising, I just wish I was on one of those and could afford the time to just stay on for another week. I suppose when you are on a cruise, you can check with the purcers desk and ask if they have any deals like that for the following week, it never hurts to ask, but I have not heard lately any cruiselines offering that I think those days are gone as more and more people are returning to cruising.

Glad to have to onboard the message boards, they are one of, if not the best cruise boards on the net !

As for the .gifs, just find a site and play around with making one, also feel free to use any I put in the Photo Gallery,http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=133, just follow the easy directions at the bottom of these boards, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it, just takes some time. You may also want to create a profile too while you are at it, that way you can have the signature on all your posts :-)

Message Boards Moderator