Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2002, 08:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cruise for Jan/Feb 2003

Hi
This is my first step to planning a cruise for JanFeb 2003. I have credit for Carnival back from September and it expires in March of next year. Would anyone recommend a specific ship or voyage? I have been to the western carribean (cozumel,ochos rios and Grand cayman) on carnival a few years ago.
Also the weather around that time of year would be helpful
Thanks!
Heather
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2002, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruise for Jan/Feb 2003

We went on the Pride in Jan. of this year to the Eastern on her inaugural voyage and had a great time. There were few kids on board because school was back in session, and the ship was new and beautiful. The weather was fantastic and warmer as you got closer to St. Thomas. St. Thomas and St. Maarten were both great stops with good excursions. I particularly like days at sea and this trip had two coming back. It leaves out of Port Canaveral which is a plus for us because we can save air fare and hotel. The Pride has 80% outside rooms of which 80% of those are balcony. That is a plus.

There were a few nuisances due to the infancy of the ship but they should not be a problem for the time you're thinking of going. If you like shopping, St. Thomas and St. Maarten are great ports. St. Thomas, being a U.S. Virgin Island, has more lenient duty free laws than other countries.

If you're looking for more ports I would suggest something else.

Regards,
Thomas
Old April 23rd, 2002, 01:15 PM
First Mate

Hi Heather,
Don't know how long of a cruise you are looking for, but my favorite & most beautiful ship is the Paradise, that is, if you are a non-smoker. It is the ony 100% non-smoking cruise ship. The builders weren't even allowed to smoke as it was being built.

The atrium is beautiful, with a small orchestra along with a white piano, which is a special treat! My husband & I are going on our 2nd cruise on the Paradise later this year, 11 days to Curacao, Aruba, Colon, Panama, Limon, Key West then back to Miami.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

p.s. How did you get a credit & why does it expire????

Happy Cruising!
Old April 23rd, 2002, 01:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Cruise for Jan/Feb 2003

Hi
Thanks for you advice. Actually I got credit because I booked a cruise last September which was set to leave from San Juan on September 15. The airline refunded our tickets but the cruise line did not.
I picked up the new carnival brochure for this year and 2003. Just curious if anyone else also had a credit and what they did.
Also any opinions on the Carnival Pride? It looked like it went to interesting spots.
I have been on a Carnival cruise 3 years ago or so. It was on the Destiny so I would rather not go on the same ship twice.
Thanks again
Heather
Old April 27th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Passenger

Carnival Pride all the way!! We sailed on the Pride in January, doing the Eastern Caribbean. The weather was gorgeous, 80-84 degrees everyday. We docked at Nassau and you could either spend the day in Nassau, or tender over to Paradise Island, or you could go to Salt Cay Island as well. St. Thomas was absolutely breathtaking; be sure and take the Paradise Point Tramway to the top of the mountain so you can look out over the island and the port; just beautiful!! St. Maarten was equally as beautiful. We had planned to sail the Pride again in January, 2003 because we enjoyed it so much. However, we are sailing on the Fantasy in October to celebrate my dad's birthday, so our 1/03 Pride cruise is put on hold. But I would highly recommend the Carnival Pride!!

Sensation ~ 4/99
Oceanic ~ 3/98
Atlantic ~ 3/95
Atlantic ~ 9/92

"I have a caribbean soul that I can barely control"...
as sung by Jimmy Buffett.