Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Sue Sue

Default Paradise Repeaters Club??

Who among the cruise addicted are hooked on the Paradise. My family are 3 year veterans and will sail next year as well. Anyone else out there?
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Jeff from Va.

Default Re: Paradise Repeaters Club??

Hi, I traveling as a single on the Paradise 10 night cruise. I hope that there are other single ladies going along the age of 28 to 40. Can you tell me about the ship?

Jeff from Va.
Old April 26th, 2002, 11:41 PM
Lynn1962

Default Re: Re: Paradise Repeaters Club??

Since it will be hot weather we won't be able to cover our big butts with sweaters!
Oh My! What's a girl to do?
Old April 27th, 2002, 02:40 AM
First Mate

Hello Sue Sue,

My husband & I also *adore* the Paradise!! It is a very beautiful ship & I cannot tell you how nice it is not to run into smokers ANYWHERE!! My husband quit smoking a few years ago, and this is a wonderful way to celebration his new freedom!

I love the atrium w/the beautiful piano, the layout, the beautiful front deck on which to sit down when you are in the middle of the ocean, watching the beautiful moon shining on the water. And nice not to run into stogie-puffing women, as has happened on previous cruises...

We were pleased to find the Paradise had a new itinerary this year as compared to 2 years ago, so we were thrilled that we could book an 11 day cruise to new ports...

I certainly can appreciate people wanting to enjoy their smoking, but it's wonderful to have the option not to have to be exposed to other's smoke! I wonder when other cruise lines are going to follow suit...our 11 day cruise in September of this year is booked!!

Happy Cruising!
Old April 28th, 2002, 10:21 PM
Sue Sue

Hello Jean, The feeling is mutual. We enjoy the Paradise not only for the non-smoking, but for the quiet and slightly slower pace. Also, we don't think that the drinking on board is too intense as well. My husband and I are thinking about the 10 or 11 day for next year and are keeping an eye on the boards. We hope to pick up a little info in order to make our decision. So, when y'all get back I will look for your comments! I did here that Royal Caribbean has a non-smoking ship in the works. Rumor has it that she will be a bit smaller than the Paradise, but, hey I could adjust. But until then, it's the Paradise for us. Enjoy your trip. Sue
Old April 29th, 2002, 01:35 PM
Sue Sue

To continue my thought.... I just wish the shows and activities would change from year to year. Sue
Old April 30th, 2002, 01:09 PM
First Mate

Hi Sue Sue,

I will definately let you know how it went...I have a feeling we won't be disappointed!

And yes, another non-smoking ship would be nice, even if it were smaller..we were really glad to see the Paradise had another itinerary from 2 years ago......and we're not big drinkers either, so a more relaxed pace IS nice! (Although I must confess, we met the infamous Jamaican Rum which they warned us about onboard, but ended up drinking lots of the tasty stuff, perfect on a hot, humid day, and had a BLAST on the catamaran, with the Jamaican music & everyone dancing their hearts out! This was an unusual occurance for us, but we enjoyed it immensely!)

Happy Cruising, everyone!
Old May 1st, 2002, 11:07 AM
Sue Sue

Hello Jean,
Well yes, when in Rome... However, I do like the quietness of the ship. We hope to next year just stay in the cabin, and only check out activities and events that are new. I did hear from the two folks in the jewelry store on board that the shows are different on the 10-11 day. Maybe an additional stage show, that would be nice. Hey, since you are a Paradise repeater, do you know if you can order meals from the dining room menu if you are in a Cat 12 on the Paradise? My husband and I would enjoy that. And , I know you will have a wonderful time, I'm happy for you. Hey, put me on the Paradise, regardless of weather, activities, food.. I will be fine. In fact, last year, (E. Caribbean) it rained in every Port, not drizzle--RAIN , and my husband and I had a wonderful time. Nassau streets (in the rain) Walked on the beach in Puerto Rico (in the rain), snorkeled in St. John (in the rain). It was actually very romantic. And, every day at sea was sunny and calm - worked out well. This year we had perfect weather evey day (W. Caribbean) The entire group had a blast. My sons will go back anytime. Even though it's not a party hearty ship, they also enjoy the ship for the non smoking and minimal alcohol problems.
Boy can I just babble on. I will close here Keep us posted. Sue
Old May 2nd, 2002, 08:00 PM
Judy and Steve

Default Re: Re: Paradise Repeaters Club??

Just returned from the 11-day Paradise cruise!
Wonderful time. You all know how great the Paradise is. A couple of things we found out.
As far as ordering room service from the dining room menu -- they will accommodate you in that regard -- whether or not you are in a category 12 or not. Our waiter said that if someone is ill, they will send dinner from the dining room. We always have a category 12 and believe me, Carnival gives you nothing extra for being in the high priced suite! It is just far more comfortable for us. We find it nice for quick room service snacks. I don't think I would want to spend dinner hour in there.
The shows were the same as January 2002. We opted not to go to some of the production shows. There was a very bad act -- a guy who played the banjo and told very bad jokes. We left there in a hurry. There were some repeat comics and singers. It was fun.
As far as the next non-smoking ship, during the debarkation talk, the cruise director said to look for another one in two years!
We enjoyed this cruise immensely. 11 days was a little too much for me, but Steve loved it!
Any questions, just ask!
Judy