Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Pratt & LaNorris

Default West. Carib. easy walking ports?

Our family reunion cruise is rapidly approaching - June 8th! As I am trying to gather shore excursion & shopping information for our group, I am in need of information for my 71yr old father. He has a bit of a problem walking for a mile at a time, unless the land is virtually flat. A small hill now & then would be OK. Can anyone give me information, please on the ports we are going to visit; Key West, Cozumel, Merida/Progresso & Belize City. Thanks!
Donna

Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: West. Carib. easy walking ports?

Pratt,
All of those ports are quite flat but not nevcessarily great walking ports. Take the trolley to downtown Key West and there is a nice downtown area to wander around in. Same for Cozumel, take a taxi to town, ($5 a cab I think), and it is a great place to wander and shop. Belize is still new to the cruise industry and there is very little area to walk around in that would be of any interest, take a tour. Progresso is quite far from the shopping area and you would need to take a cab or something to go to the shopping areas. While I have yet to go there, I have seen photos of Merida and it looks like it is quite an impressive place. If they offer a tour of Chitzen Itza then that would also be great as even though it is spread out, the grounds are flat and beautiful and amazing.
Jim