Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Best beach to hang out in St. Thomas

What is the best beach to go to in St. Thomas? Just looking for a nice hotel or beach with a bar and restaurant. (Victory 5/5)
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Best beach to hang out in St. Thomas

Hey Joe,
Best bet, is to just grab a cab and head over to Meagans bay, its a beautiful beach, very nice calm waters, only takes 10/15 minutes to get there. If you want, the taxi driver will drop you off downtown on the way back if you want to fit in some shopping.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 30th, 2002, 08:03 PM
First Mate

Do you know how much the cab fare is to magan's bay? I went last summer, but booked it on the cruise ship. Has to be a lot cheaper. Anyone know of a better beach or similar one on St. Thomas to try?

How about St John's? I've been to trunk bay but didn't snorkle (too many people) and to cinnamon bay (pretty but no concessions there).

I'm open to suggestions for either island! Thanks.

Old April 30th, 2002, 09:10 PM
Donnab

We have been to St. Thomas twice. The first time we took a cab to Magens Bay. It was 4.50 pp. one way. It was absolutely beautiful. It had a store, a bar and a place to buy lunch. The bathrooms were very old a run down but at least they had them.
That was in 1997. We just got back from a cruise on the Pride two weeks ago and stopped there again. This time we wanted to try Coki beach. We did not like that at all. You can't even compare it to Magens Bay. The snorkeling is the best I am told but that was it. It took longer to get there, $7.00 pp. one way. It was small not well kept. There are people there all over the place trying to get you to buy braids, food, drinks, chairs, umbrellas etc. We will not go back there again.
I am told the best beaches are at the hotels.
Old May 1st, 2002, 11:11 AM
shea

I agree with Donnab about Coki Beach, we opted to go there instead of Magen's Bay and I expected it to be quite nice, the only nice part was the weather. Basically I feel our beaches here in Nova Scotia Canada are 100 times nicer then Coki, now Magen's Bay is beautiful.
Old May 1st, 2002, 11:46 AM
nicolle

When we were in St. Thomas a couple of years ago we went to Sapphire beach. It was close to a resort, you could rent chairs and it was beautiful. Not crowded either. We will be in St. Thomas again and think we'll try Maegan's Bay for a little while and then head to Sapphire Beach for the rest of the day. I've heard several say Sapphire is still a good choice.
We had gone to Coki through a ship tour and upon arrival, we found a cab and got the heck out of there, dirty, broken down cars and shacks around crowded, not resort like at all and not our idea of a good time.
Nicolle
Old May 2nd, 2002, 01:16 AM
Leanne

Default Re: Re: Best beach to hang out in St. Thomas

We went to Magens Bay in April. We were on the Paradise. The cab ride was $6.00 per person, each way and there is a $3.00 entrance fee per person also. We went in the afternoon and it was nice and quiet. I thought the sand felt like cornstarch. It was so soft. No rocks or shells.

Leanne
Old May 2nd, 2002, 09:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Is there snorkeling at Maegan's Bay?
Old May 2nd, 2002, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Best beach to hang out in St. Thomas

Hi Darlene,
No, to the snorkeling at Meagans bay, its a very nice beach, just not much to see under the water. If you want to snorkel take a ferry over to St. Johns/Trunk bay, good snorkeling there.

Message Boards Moderator