Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2002, 03:57 PM
Beginner

Default Sensation vs Fascination?

Hi! We are going on the Sensation on 5/19 and we traveled on the Fascination last year. We are just wondering if anyone has any info on how the two ships compare? For instance is one in better condition, better shows, better food, etc... Any info of the Sensation and recent trip reports, would be helpful Also, I was reading that Joe's Cafe was turned into an internet cafe, is this true (if it is it is kinda dissapointing cause we were looking forward to pastries and coffees)? Thanks!!!!

Joe
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2002, 08:06 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna
Default Re: Sensation vs Fascination?

Hi Joe,
I was on the Sensation in December and yes Joe's is now an internet cafe. The layouts of both ships are identical in size and ammenties. They are both "fantasy" class ships. I found the Sensation to be in great shape and very well kept. I have never sailed on the Facination. I would think the Facination would have more wear and tear as she does 4 and 3 night cruises whereas the Sensation does seven day cruises until August when she beings four and five night cruises.
Have a blast!
Chyna
Old May 2nd, 2002, 10:02 PM
Beginner

Thanks for your input!
Old May 3rd, 2002, 10:52 AM
Yeoman

I have been on both ships. The Fascination is a little older then the Sensation but they are both in great shape. The layout is exactly the same, just different decor. So you will feel right at home on the sister ship.

The internet cafe is there but there is plenty of good food elsewhere on the ship. I found some of the performers identical, but they were the ones I had enjoyed the on the Fascination so it was okay. The main shows were different. The menu was pretty much identical in the main dining room, but it is fleet wide.

I was on the Fascination 1/01 and the Sensation 12/01 (with Chyna).